Polite discussion about EASA, the CAA, the ANO and the delights of aviation regulation.
Forum rules: Please keep it polite!
I'm sure someone on here knows exactly what to do.

I recently revalidated a rating but my licence is full. I don't think he had ever encountered this problem before. What he did was give me a temporary paper which lasts for 8 weeks.

Presumably I apply to the CAA on a form 119 and pay £89 to get a new licence?

This is going to be expensive on an ongoing basis, as I have a few ratings that need revalidating, so I fill it up in 2 years.

I wonder why they didn't fill up the back of the licence with revalidation boxes rather than print the words "intentionally blank" all over it.
The examiner didn't have any extension pages and had never heard of them, but unfortunately he's in the USA and I'm now back in England, so I can't re-visit the situation with him.

I guess I'll have to go through the new licence application thing this time and get an extension page next time.

Thanks
allout wrote:You are a real trail blazer; thanks for the posting.
Any new licence fee would be outrageous for you, or any of us who follow.
Please let us know how you get on.

And you are a real wit. Your giant intellect has brightened my day, and your boundless knowledge has me in awe
By flybymike
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Neil Morgan wrote:
allout wrote:You are a real trail blazer; thanks for the posting.
Any new licence fee would be outrageous for you, or any of us who follow.
Please let us know how you get on.

And you are a real wit. Your giant intellect has brightened my day, and your boundless knowledge has me in awe

Rather puzzling and seemingly unnecessary response ? :scratch:
Every time someone asks what is perceived to be a daft question on here they are mocked. Calling me a "trail blazer" on something that I am aware is a trivial question, that many people have probably had before, is just a sarcastic put down that I can do without, and that simply makes this forum unwelcoming.
By flybymike
Perhaps I’m naive. I didn’t read allout’s post that way at all, and simply accepted it at face value.

I wouldn’t have thought this was a common problem at all and it would be nice to hear how you finally resolve it.

Purchasing a new licence, as has been remarked would be ridiculous.
By Irv Lee
flybymike wrote:Purchasing a new licence, as has been remarked would be ridiculous.

Tell that to all the long time caa licence holders who have had to purchase a new easa licence to fly aircraft they have flown for years on the old one!
By Dave W
Bathman wrote:I've just signed the logbook. In fact in the majority of them there is a section for this.

I can't see that signing the logbook instead can be correct. Do you have a reference?

It is the licence, and Section XII in particular, that record Rating validity - how can a logbook signature replace that? It's not the relevant legal document, surely?

Edit: I've just had a look at my current logbook, a Pooley's one so presumably fairly representative.

There's no such section in there; possibly the closest is a page headed "CERTIFICATE OF QUALIFICATION AS PILOT-IN COMMAND". However, that is for an Examiner to sign that the holder is "...competent to fly the aircraft type mentioned in Column 2" - so not the same thing.