Polite discussion about EASA, the CAA, the ANO and the delights of aviation regulation.
Forum rules: Please keep it polite!
Hello,

Wondering if anyone knows how to renew an old/expired IMC rating....

I had an IMC rating on my JAA CPL(A) which expired in Feb 2014. Since the expiry date of the IMC rating I have since converted to an EASA CPL(A).

I didn't take any administrative action relating to my [expired] IMC rating when I applied for an EASA licence - the rating had expired and I didn't think you could add an expired rating to a licence? Thus, I'm pretty sure there is no evidence of my IMC on the expired ratings page of my current EASA licence. Will check when I get home...

Anyway, that's the background, the question is...what do I need to do to get an IR-R on my EASA licence? Do I have to start from the beginning or is there any credit for having held the rating on my old JAA licence?

Thanks,
Okay, thanks both.

Yes I think I still have the JAA licence as I still use the larger blue wallet it came in to house my current licence, though I would hope the CAA could just have a look on their computer for evidence of the old one?

Okay, will look into the specifics of the renewal flight test with my examiner and see what's involved. ta....
Irv Lee wrote:Standard? In one way, but not another...... the pass paperwork will have to go to caa with eighty-odd quid for a reprint

Yes that is right when an expired rating is on the back of the license it just says you had the rating once but have no privileges now. It would be at the discretion of the examiner to determine if you need refresher training so best to check with your selected examiner before arranging a renewal test what is their opinion of that question.