Polite discussion about EASA, the CAA, the ANO and the delights of aviation regulation.
Forum rules: Please keep it polite!
By Kittyhawk
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Apologies if this has been discussed before. I have a LAPL (A) and a NPPL SSEA. The LAPL is current and valid and I did an instructional hour on Aug 22nd. I thought it might be a good idea to keep my NPPL going concurrently, in case in the future I were to lose my LAPL medical. I have the requisite hours in the 2 years to date. I am told that because I did not get the revalidation signed within the currency of the rating, I now have to do a retest. Surely the examiner is only signing that I have completed the required hours and instructional hour within the validity period? I am rather confused.
KH
By Paul_Sengupta
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Kittyhawk wrote:Surely the examiner is only signing that I have completed the required hours and instructional hour within the validity period? I am rather confused.

It's the concept of "ratings". As I said on another thread yesterday, failure to get that signature in on time means you immediately become unairworthy and must retrain and do a test. More euro nonsense, introduced by the JAA, though we used to have a rolling validity thing for the NPPL didn't we? That which was copied over into the LAPL.

Logic doesn't come into it.

Perhaps the alphabet organisations can tackle this one at some point.
flybymike liked this