Polite discussion about EASA, the CAA, the ANO and the delights of aviation regulation.
Forum rules: Please keep it polite!
By rich_g85
Hi all,
I started my night qualification (as it was) back in Nov 2012 under JAR. I did the circuit training and the 5 solo touch and goes but never got around to doing the navigation aspect to complete the 5 hours training.

I am now looking to finish the training and get a night rating (as it is now) on my EASA PPL.

Two questions:
Can I count those hours flown under JAR towards the 5?
Is there any time limit between starting and finishing the night quali, as some in the clubhouse seemed to think?

I did email the FCLweb people several weeks ago but have heard nothing back yet.

Thanks in advance,
Rich
By Balliol
I think the cut off was Sep 2012 for pre JAR(EASA) training so if you started in Nov 12 it should be ok, however it will depend on whatever school / person signs the course completion certificate that they are happy with the training (especially if it is a different one). If you were coming to me, I would want to see some competence in the circuit aspects even if they had been flown before.
By rich_g85
Thank you Balliol. Just found an Information Notice on Skywise which backs that up.

Makes sense regarding the skills, 5 years is a long time so I may end up starting from scratch anyway!