Polite discussion about EASA, the CAA, the ANO and the delights of aviation regulation.
Forum rules: Please keep it polite!
By UncleAlbert
I have a friend who has got LAPL(A).
He is currently 6 hours post licence issue.
I have a EASA PPL(A) with SEP, Night and IR(R) ratings.
Is he allowed to carry me as a passenger?
Or
Can I act as PIC from the right hand seat while he flies as P2 from the right hand seat?
By Irv Lee
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
well you can answer whether you can fly p1 from the right hand seat, (ie: are you checked out, insurance, have you got 90 days passenger rights, any 'differences training', etc, etc), but the other guy logs nothing (unless he logs it without any designation as a 'blog' rather than 'log' but it doesn't count for anything). No such thing as p2 in his world. If he got the lapl(a) through a lapl course, he can only go solo for the first 10 hours p1.
(However - and don't mention this to him - I don't think anyone with a lapl(a) is technically legal immediately after a lapl course anyway due to easa uncorrected cockups - when he arrives at the aircraft, he looks back two years, and finds he fails validity! - assuming he only did about 6 hous solo on his course)
T67M, Kittyhawk liked this
By Paul_Sengupta
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
UncleAlbert wrote:Can I act as PIC from the right hand seat while he flies as P2 from the right hand seat?

No.

Not enough room in that right hand seat.

Oh, and as Irv said, no such thing as P2 in a single pilot aeroplane.