Polite discussion about EASA, the CAA, the ANO and the delights of aviation regulation.
Forum rules: Please keep it polite!
By rachelandrew
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Thought I'd pop back to let those that had been helpful in the thread and via DM, know this eventually worked itself out. At one point I asked the receptionist at my doctor for any letters placed in my files between two dates. She looked horrified and said, "but that will be in the paper records", as if I was asking for something from 1897 not 1997.

Anyway, I now have my class 2 medical with the only limitation being I should wear my glasses and carry a second pair. I'll leave this thread here as a useful warning to anyone else who naively thinks that as they are super-healthy right now the certificate will be quick and easy to get!
Flyin'Dutch', Ben K liked this
Presumably once I have this all sorted it won't be constantly coming up every time I need to renew.

Since nobody answered this first time around, the answer is that renewals focus on changes since the previous medical, so no, it should not come up again. You still declare everything on the tick-sheet, but just write "no change" next to it.
rachelandrew liked this
I have twice been posted overseas by my employer, for a projected 3 years each time (the same employer, with many such postings). Part of the posting brief was to give us stickers for each member of the family to take to the NHS GP Practice. Sticker read something like 'temporarily overseas, expected return date before .. [date a couple of years after expected end of posting], do not destroy records, do not send to central (ie, in those days, County NHS authority) storage'. Apparently, this lesson had been learned the hard way .. :)