Polite discussion about EASA, the CAA, the ANO and the delights of aviation regulation.
Forum rules: Please keep it polite!
By Tall_Guy_In_a_PA28
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
I hold a lifetime UK brown PPL with SEP rating revalidated a couple of months ago. I am flying under LAPL privileges until I convert to EASA.

My class 2 expired for EASA on my 51st birthday last month, but is valid for LAPL until March 2018.

Question: As I am restricted to LAPL privileges in any case, is the medical valid for my current flying?

Any thoughts appreciated.

TG

p.s. don't panic - I have not flown since my birthday!
By Irv Lee
you are fine on a UK PPL/SEP with a lapl medical for a few more months in either 'sort' of aircraft - both the ones that will stay in the air with a UK PPL, and the ones that soon won't.
In fact, even with UK PPL/SEP and EASA Class 2 medical, you only have LAPL privileges in EASA aircraft (until you haven't, next year)
Tall_Guy_In_a_PA28 liked this
By Tall_Guy_In_a_PA28
Thanks for the confirmation Irv.

I should have pointed out that the aircraft is EASA. It seemed logical, but logical is not always legal!
By Irv Lee
I have not seen an Ir(r) in a UK ppl! As for Imc ratings, all the publicity at the time of UK ppls becoming "lapl privileged" in EASA aircraft was to say Imc rating (in UK ppl, for ifr) not valid in EASA aircraft as lapl privileges meant no ifr. I seen to remember the CAA being surprised to get lapl privilege (i.e. EASA wide) for the bridging period rather than ssea privileges (UK wide) and were keen not to upset anyone "over there".
flybymike liked this