Polite discussion about EASA, the CAA, the ANO and the delights of aviation regulation.
Forum rules: Please keep it polite!
By Irv Lee
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Well that is an interesting question. On the principle of not wasting the opportunity to write many sentences when one would do, let's divert first:
I found when it was sent weeks ago that my new EASA CPL (reminder - not actually new, just 'change of address' new) did not have FCL.945 on it, yet I recall when they came out there was an announcement that all reprints for current FIs would have it even if they had no idea what to do with it. I assume it wasn't included because I have an examiner certificate, but who says I will renew that? or maybe 945 policy changed?
So back on track to the national CPL received today... yes, FI with the correct expiry date in the certificate of reval section, and also in the section xii with all sorts of mumbo-jumbo with 'letters' and references to both FCL.905.FI and IR(R) even though it is a national licence.
By AlanC
Irv Lee wrote:I assume it [FCL.945] wasn't included because I have an examiner certificate, but who says I will renew that?

They're not that joined up - all our licences at work include FCL.945 as well as various examiner certificates each, so sounds like yours is a "normal" genuine omission!
By Irv Lee
In fact I am wrong, I looked again and 945 is there! You would think I was trying to prove how stupid it is to have both national and EASA licences the same colour paper and almost indistinguishable without a magnifying glass when it is supposedly so important. When I first got an EASA and national one I needed to send a scan of the EASA one somewhere, I sent the wrong one, nobody noticed.
By oldbiggincfi
Irv Lee wrote: and IR(R) even though it is a national licence.

My ATPL has IMC privileges embedded and I presumed the same for the CPL so one would hope your IR(R) shows no expiry date.

For UK purposes the licence is valid with a Medical Dec and I ask, does that mean one can instruct on non EASA aircraft without requiring a Class 2 medical.
By Irv Lee
Well they do not put Imc in the tabular bit as it is a privilege given by the ano. They do recognise that it exists as I claimed an Ir(r) on my EASA licence via that. There is also no mention of my night privileges, which I questioned, but was told it was automatic as "night" was non expiring and the licence could not be issued without one.
On the medical side, I have no idea if the moment you drop from class one medical, whether the Imc bit disappears with it or not, as effectively you are using the commercial as a ppl.
By oldbiggincfi
Irv Lee wrote:On the medical side, I have no idea if the moment you drop from class one medical, whether the Imc bit disappears with it or not, as effectively you are using the commercial as a ppl.

Could be relevant as more permit A/C become available to fly IMC ?