Polite discussion about EASA, the CAA, the ANO and the delights of aviation regulation.
Forum rules: Please keep it polite!
Hi everyone,

I sent off my licence application by post a few weeks ago, and I reckon it should have arrived with the CAA around the 20th May. I've been watching my bank balance, expecting the fee to be deducted when they start processing it but there's been nothing yet. I see on this page...

https://www.caa.co.uk/General-aviation/ ... lications/

...that they are quoting 6-8 weeks for some applications, which is fair enough, but does that mean that mine is still likely sat on a backlog and no one has had the chance to look at it yet? Or does the delay mean that it might not even have reached them for some reason? I'm not sure how the process works so I don't know if I should be worried about it getting lost on the way.

Also, could anyone perhaps point me to the particular phone number I should call if I want to contact them directly about it?

Thanks for the help :)
george7378 wrote: Also they said they don't take the payment until processing is complete.

Hmmm! My bank statement shows the CAA took payment from my account over two weeks ago, but they are still processing my application. In my case I wonder if they took payment when they started the process. Okay, this is for a commercial drone permission - I can't remember when payment was taken for my PPL several years ago though. But I would have thought their payment process would be the same for all licence applications?