Polite discussion about EASA, the CAA, the ANO and the delights of aviation regulation.
Forum rules: Please keep it polite!
Hi,

Sorry if this has been answered elsewhere but I can't find it.

I have a current ATPL and MPA type rating but I'm looking at getting back into some GA flying.

My SEP and IMC expired 20 months ago, and as the title suggests, can anyone advise if it's possible to renew both of these in one flight test?

Thanks!
By Irv Lee
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Unlike the hour for Sep reval, both renewals have their own mandatory content, I cannot think of a reason why one flight with all the content from both in it would be a problem for both ratings to be renewed, probably best to check the examiner handbook but I would be surprised if banned. But you would need an ato or equivalent to say you were ready for Sep 're test'
But you would need an ato or equivalent to say you were ready for Sep 're test'

Neither refresher training nor the sign-off as 'ready for test' have to be conducted at an ATO - the CAA is quite happy for this to be done at an RF.

There's no reason why an SEP Class Rating renewal Proficiency Check cannot be combined with an IR(R) renewal flight test - it just needs a little thought from the Examiner to decide how best to plan the flight.
By Irv Lee
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
An "Equivalent" to an ato as far as sign off for Sep renewal is of course an RF at the moment. My post was not "time limited" by how long RFs, or if you prefer, a layer of training schools below ATOs, are actually called RFs!