Polite discussion about EASA, the CAA, the ANO and the delights of aviation regulation.
Forum rules: Please keep it polite!
By renzokuken
Hi All,

I am a bit confuse when filling out SRG 1104 online form, my NPPL (SSEA) was an additional rating from my NPPL (M).

Do I include my microlight hours when answering following questions?

Enter your flying experience as Pilot In Command on single-pilot aircraft - Aeroplanes (hours) *

Enter your total flight time as PIC since issue of NPPL (hours)

Please complete if you hold a SSEA and/or SLMG rating. Enter your total experience as PIC in Aeroplanes in preceding 24 months (in hours) *

Please complete if you hold a SSEA and/or SLMG rating. Enter the number of take offs and landings as PIC in Aeroplanes in preceding 24 months *

Regards,

Renzo
By Irv Lee
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
I have just looked at the 1104 and these questions (meaning the ones printed on the form, section 9 nppl section), seem to me to be designed by someone who thinks they understand what they are asking, but I am not sure they do... they certainly won't get consistent interpretations when receiving answers from different applicants, which sort of makes it a waste of time asking them.
I can't think of any reason for those nppl questions on the form other than to establish if the applicant would be valid using a lapl on the day they fill in the form! That of course is nothing to do with lapl validity, what eventually will count for lapl validity (which may be many weeks after application with current turn around times) is the previous 24 month flight experience on the day the applicant wants to fly with a lapl. And of course, the questions do not ask if there was a training hour too, so cannot establish if the applicant is lapl-valid, and for some reason the question uses the word "aeroplane" when I would guess they really meant "SSEA".
I suspect you could accurately answer the question that they pose by including microlight hours, but I also suspect that they never intended you to do that! But they don't say what they want, and don't explain why they are asking, there are no "form notes" to accompany these questions.