Polite discussion about EASA, the CAA, the ANO and the delights of aviation regulation.
Forum rules: Please keep it polite!
New forum member hoping one of you many experts can assist me with an FTL query.

I'm an ex-military transport pilot and now fly the 747 for the UK's actual favourite airline :D I'm also an RAF Reservist, working as a simulator instructor on my old type.

I'm trying to establish how my military duties impact the EASA FTLs I work to in my day job. Obviously I need to be appropriately rested prior to any "commercial" duty but I'd like to know if EASA (or the ANO) legislate for ground training duties that don't require me to "exercise the privileges of my licence or type rating".

I only do a couple of sim sessions a month but I'm not entirely convinced they should count towards any FTL duty totals, in the same way that none of the myriad of part-time jobs/businesses my colleagues engage in do. I'd appreciate any black and white wisdom though please! :thumleft:
By Cookie
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
FTL requirements changed with the introduction of EASA FTLs, and national requirements were amended with the introduction of ANO 2016. The airline's FTL scheme was updated to EASA FTLs last February, and is due for a further update very shortly. Regardless of what the regulations actually state, you must comply with the reporting requirements contained in the airline's CAA approved FTL scheme contained in it's OM A.

E-mail me for more information.

Cookie