Polite discussion about EASA, the CAA, the ANO and the delights of aviation regulation.
Forum rules: Please keep it polite!
By ConcordeBA
Hello,

I've done less than the 6 hours PIC as I did training for the IR(R) and passed a IR(R) skills test in the Summer with an examiner. I've only flown 3 P1 flights in the last year of the SEP validation (30/11/2015-30/11/2016) and haven't flown since July due to work commitments and weather. I am going up with the instructor tomorrow and I guess he can't sign me for an extension under the privileges of FCL.945 and Information Notice IN–2015/027? Or does an IR(R) skills test in June (10/06/2016) count as a proficiency check in a single-engine (single pilot) aeroplane?

It just sounds like I am royally ****ed, and don't need to be? I've done 14 landings and take-offs, and more than 12 hours of flight time in an SEP in 12 months. I just haven't done 6 hours PIC. I've done 5 hours 20 minutes. :lol:

https://www.caa.co.uk/General-aviation/ ... eroplanes/
By Irv Lee
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
But as you said, it is a renewal (i.e. Rating Expired), so nothing counts. You need a certificate from an ATO (or registered facility) to say they are happy you are ready for a renewal test (called a proficiency check) and then such a test with a flight examiner.
By ConcordeBA
Can this be my ATOs Examiner? I've not flown in ages so should be flying today to get back into the swing of things but realistically getting a test this side of Christmas or the New Year is not plausible as I'm flying to Singapore and Sydney 17th-25th and Nairobi 31st-2nd Jan.
By ConcordeBA
Genghis the Engineer wrote:Yes, but your certificate of fitness for test should be signed off by a different instructor in the A TO.

G

Where do I get this certificate? It seems pointless, as surely a phone call to my examiner to say I need to follow a procedure and be tested is the same thing?
By Paul_Sengupta
Thing is, after you've expired (!), you need to "be brought up to speed" again. So you have to be trained then assessed to be ready for your test.

It's an EASA rule. Doesn't matter if you've been completely current and you only missed the paperwork by a day or ten.

They tell us it keeps us safe.
By ConcordeBA
This link below right? I flew with an instructor today, and he saw no reason why I can't complete a proficiency check without refresher training. I am not that out of practice with it all, it's just keeping current which I plan on doing.

https://www.caa.co.uk/General-aviation/ ... ngs-valid/
By QSD
There is no requirement for refresher training - all you need is a course completion certificate. This can be issued by an instructor without any flying if you are able to convince them that you are competent and ready for test.

Since you flew with an instructor today, and he is happy that you are ready, why can't he issue the CCC?
By ConcordeBA
ConcordeBA wrote:Guys,

Thanks for the replies. Does the Head of Training need to fill it out or just an instructor? As the HoT isn't available?

"** An authorised signatory acts as a representative of the Head of Training, authorised by the Head of Training or through approved procedures to confirm that the stated training has been conducted by the Approved Training Organisation (ATO). The ATO must maintain a record of those so authorised."

I guess that answers my question?
By Cookie
To renew your SEP class rating, it's training as required at an ATO (maybe nil) plus a SEP Proficiency Check with a Flight Examiner/Class Rating Examiner. See FCL.740 (b) which can be found in CAP 804 Section 4 Part H Subpart 1 page 6. A course completion certificate is still required, even where you are assessed as nil training required.

Yes, but your certificate of fitness for test should be signed off by a different instructor in the ATO.

For a Proficiency Check, the Course Completion certificate may be an authorised signatory who also conducts the test providing they are suitably qualified. It is only where the applicant has trained for initial issue of a licence or rating where the authorised signatory may not also be the examiner in accordance with the vested interests provisions contained within FCL.1005.

Cookie