Polite discussion about EASA, the CAA, the ANO and the delights of aviation regulation.
Forum rules: Please keep it polite!
By PeteSpencer
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
As you know I've just moved to my final resting place.

I did my IR reval on 24th September just within limits (expiry due 30/9/16) and examiner signed SRG 1157 to send off to CAA.

He also signed with reval details my old licences (UK and EASA) bearing old address and also kindly signed the 'I certify I have seen the original and this is a true likeness' stuff (passport/licence copies-but without reval sigs)which I have sent off to CAA with 7 page change of address document (SRG 2156).

I haven't for whatever reason sent off SRG1157 (IR reval sig) yet and am at a loss to know what to do next to get my reval onto my new licence with new address (which hasn't come yet).

Do I just bung SRG1157 in the post now to CAAFCL and then when they arrive send new licences back with old licences which bear the reval or wait and bung them all together in one envelope with SRG 1157.

I feel a sense of impending doom having numerous valauble reval certificates etc floating round in the postal system, especially after CAA have in the past lost some of my vital stuff (IR Exam entry documentation) even after it had arrived (and been signed for) in their own post room.

And how much does it cost? I looked through the whole list of charges and couldn't come up with the answer.

I must say I'm tempted to just wait till new address licences arrive and take the lot down to Gatwick....

Any advice/ pointers?
TIA
Peter
Ring them up first thing Monday and ask to put a hold on new address licence issue while you email in a scan of the SRG1157 and certified copy of revalidated IR, otherwise you risk the Licence coming back with IR on the back and the you're into all sorts of hurt
By PeteSpencer
Irv Lee wrote:Perhaps I have not follow this - Didn't the examiner sign the reval in all licences so the 1157 is for info?

Correct Irv he signed the Licences with the old address, photocopies of which he also certified i.e. they weren't signed with new reval they were photocopies and I brought them with me before the test. These have gone off to CAA with the change of address form.
I still have SRG1157. I guess I was anxious not to lose this in the post (room)
So I guess SRG 1157 is indeed for info.

How exactly do I get my IR reval on the new address licences?
Phone call or what?

Don't quite see why I need to send another certified copy of old address licence with new revalidation, when he's signed the SRG1157 to confirm revalidation. Signing another certified copy will prove hard to get as our paths rarely cross.
If that is however the case I'll cut the cr ap and just drive to Gatwick with all the stuff and my passport.
Yep Phone call on Monday coming up.

Peter
By Irv Lee
Well the easiest thing to do is sit back and then pay 83 quid... ;-) or follow Balliol advice!
Didn't the examiner explain the consequences? I have been in same position and insisted on signing new photocopies to save the guy money.
By PeteSpencer
Doh!:
Yep Balliol's right: I've created a problem for myself: I'll phone CAA in the morning and if necessary drive down to Gatwick, so they can verify me in person: Tracking down my Examiner to sign more stuff will be well nigh impossible.

Both this examiner and last year's examiner(Ive moved twice in 15 months) said there was no problem signing revalidations in licence bearing old address.....

Peter
By PeteSpencer
The irony is that I had my Class 2 Medical renewal last week and the AME was unable to change to my new address manually for some reason:
Probably because the new poscode being a new build is not in anybody's databases yet (except Royal Mail).

Amazon keep sending ordered stuff back to base as 'undeliverable'.....
Peter
By PeteSpencer
Well I've tried for four days in a row to ring FCL and after going through the automatic options they announce that they cannot take the call, then

'Click- Brrrrrrr.........'

The giveaway is that the first answer of the phone is a real person who then switches you onto FCL options prior to dumping you.

Driving down tomorrow :roll:

EDIT:
Now I',m getting paranoid : So that I'm not sent home emptyhanded from Counter Service I'm taking with me:

SRG1157: IR reval pass form signed by examiner.
SRG2156: 7 page change of address form signed by me
Passport (original :wink: )
EASA PPL licence document with IR reval Pass signed by examiner(original)
UK PPL licence document with IR reval Pass signed by examiner(original)

As I'm there they can do their own confirmation of original documents, identity , right?

Is there any other form I've missed, like 'application to have reval added to licence with new address'?

I cant find anything else I need on the CAA website.
Irv? Cookie?

And all this to try and prevent them shoving my IR on the back page....

Peter
By Cookie
He also signed with reval details my old licences (UK and EASA) bearing old address and also kindly signed the 'I certify I have seen the original and this is a true likeness' stuff (passport/licence copies-but without reval sigs)which I have sent off to CAA with 7 page change of address document (SRG 2156).

Peter,

The certified copies of your licence which your examiner signed were presumably after your IR revalidation so should show the new expiry date of your IR entered in the Certificate of Revalidation already - which will be transferred across to your new licence. Your examiner should also have sent a copy of the SRG1157 off to the CAA so they should have a copy already. If not, you could scan and send it electronically to licenceapplications (at) caa.co.uk which is where I send all of my examiner reports.

Then a simple phone call is all that's needed to check the CAA have got your documents (including your IR revalidation paperwork) to process your address change correctly. I wouldn't worry about chasing over to Gatwick unless you desperately want to.

Change of address is free of charge. £6 courier fee if you are worried about your new licence getting lost on it's way to you.

However, the paperwork you have listed should suffice if you're traipsing down to Gatwick.

Cookie
By PeteSpencer
Thank Jon

I've decided to go down because the certified licence copies were before he signed my licences with revalidation. They went off by post but I forgot to enclose 1157 which he signed and gave me to send off myself.

I emailed 1157 and got a 30 day turnaround message and tried to phone four days in a row but they weren't even accepting calls.

So my stuff is floating around CAA in hard copy and email form and Im not confident they'll ever meet up.

So Im starting from scratch tomorrow with all originals.

My fault for not thinking it through.

Tx. for your advice
Peter