Polite discussion about EASA, the CAA, the ANO and the delights of aviation regulation.
Forum rules: Please keep it polite!
Dear all,

I have looked up every single resource I could find online, but still can't find an answer.

My SOLI application to IAA was recently declined as I have no current rating on my UK issued EASA licence.

Unfortunately there is no way for me to travel to Europe to renew my rating right now.

Is there any competent authority within EASA which accepts SOLI transfers without holding a current rating?

Thank you.
By Irv Lee
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Without being clear, their own website suggests they might....
The current issue fees are
€600 for ATPL, or
€450 for CPL, or
€250 for other Flight Crew Licences, and
This includes all ratings from your existing licence that are valid at time of printing – not at time of application.
If you do not hold a type rating on your current licence, to add a type rating will be €300
In the event you wish to withdraw the application after submission, 80% of the relevant Licence issue fee will be retained by the IAA to pay for the incurred expense of the administration associated with this process.
Edward Bellamy wrote:Not sure I follow why you have to travel to Europe to renew your rating?

All my ratings expired a few years ago, so I will need to take a proficiency check. Unfortunately I currently reside in a region where there is no EASA flight school.

Irv Lee wrote:Without being clear, their own website suggests they might....
The current issue fees are
€600 for ATPL, or
€450 for CPL, or
€250 for other Flight Crew Licences, and
This includes all ratings from your existing licence that are valid at time of printing – not at time of application.
If you do not hold a type rating on your current licence, to add a type rating will be €300
In the event you wish to withdraw the application after submission, 80% of the relevant Licence issue fee will be retained by the IAA to pay for the incurred expense of the administration associated with this process.

I was hoping they might. However I received a reply directly from the IAA licensing department, so it seems a current rating is essential.
By Irv Lee
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Point them to their website, you might get lucky if not, tell them you were misled by their website if they don't do it so you want your money back in full
....and ask if they have only accepted Lapls with valid ratings.... ;-)