Polite discussion about EASA, the CAA, the ANO and the delights of aviation regulation.
Forum rules: Please keep it polite!
I've got 6 months to go before my bi Ann reval is due, but I'm sure there are forum members on here who are much earlier.

So my club has closed down for the foreseeable future due to this virus. Whatching the tv last night a Endemologist who advises the government stated that this disease may disrupt everything for 12 months. :cry:

I've done sufficient hours so just need an hour with the instructor. This question is more for people who are needing to revalidate in the next 3 or 4 months, do we think the regulatory authorities will relax the requirements for 6 or 12 months, or are Examiners going to be inundated with GST's when this all dies down!
You can almost definitely find a cri with their own steed, you just need to find one who will share a cockpit with you for an hour in these times. (And you with him/her!)
Last edited by Irv Lee on Mon Mar 23, 2020 10:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
flybymike liked this
Irv Lee wrote:You can almost definitely find a cri with their own steed, you just need to find one who will share a cockpit with you for an hour in these times. (And you with him/her!)

Indeed Irv there lies the problem. As stated in op I'm fine for 6 months, if it goes on through July I shall be concerned.

It's more for people who will have been planning reval in the early summer I was concerned for. Bearing in mind that major events into July already cancelled. EGLF show already cancelled.

Like alot on here I'm more concerned about my job at the moment :cry:

If they prove people don't get the virus twice, (I mean the survivors) i can envisage adverts for "recovered cri seeks recovered pupils". After my experience documented elsewhere with a selfish (expletive deleted) back on 100th anniversary of flight day, can fully understand no-dual policies
My Part FCL PPLA is needs revalidating before end of May and I dont want to be in long que if things ease up as I have a new build ready to test fly. I was looking on the CAA web site and ORSA No. 1354 corvid19 extends licenses to October 31 but its not clear if this is for commercial pilots only
"In response to the exceptional circumstances caused by the Covid-19 outbreak and in line with the European Union Aviation Safety Agency (EASA) guidance, the Civil Aviation Authority (‘the CAA’), on behalf of the United Kingdom and pursuant to article 71(1) of Regulation (EU) No. 2018/1139, exempts all operators, aircrew, instructors, examiners, aircraft maintenance licence holders and air traffic controllers for whom the CAA is the Competent Authority, wherever normal revalidation facilities are not available, from the requirements detailed in paragraphs 2 to 5, as appropriate, subject to any conditions therein. " etc. It seems to cover all bases but then has a clause

Part-FCL licence holders shall comply with the following: (i) hold a valid class or type rating and instrument rating if applicable; (ii) operate under the management system of an organisation for which Part-ORO is applicable; and (iii) have received refresher training, followed by the completion of an assessment by means established by the operator to determine that the required level of knowledge to operate the applicable class or type has been maintained. That assessment shall include class or type specific abnormal and emergency procedures. (b) Upon successful completion of the refresher training and the assessment as per (a)(iii), the licence shall be endorsed with the new expiry date preferably by a type rating examiner (TRE) nominated by the operator, or exceptionally the CAA. (See Note 4)

I presume this 'refresher training could be verbal? otherwise there is still a flight test
"Refresher training" is EASA speak for the hour training flight with an instructor. If you haven't already done it, it's highly unlikely you'll be able to do it before the end of May.

I guess the best you could hope for is an extension like you described in your first paragraph.