Polite discussion about EASA, the CAA, the ANO and the delights of aviation regulation.
Forum rules: Please keep it polite!
By gnulty
I am slightly confused.

I have just had my SEP revalidated by test as I didn't have the hours requirement in my second year.

My examiner signed my licence with the new SEP expiry and signed my logbook and sent me on my way after paying at the club.

He said there was no CAA fee however looking at their website it states revalidation of a rating £93. At what point would I need to pay this?

g
By Paul_Sengupta
gnulty wrote:He said there was no CAA fee however looking at their website it states revalidation of a rating £93. At what point would I need to pay this?

You'd need to pay this if for whatever reason, you'd had your licence re-issued with an expired SEP rating. This would put the SEP rating on the "back" of the licence. You'd need to pay this fee to re-issue the licence with the rating on the front. If your SEP rating is on the front of the licence, you don't need to pay anything.
By gnulty
Ok so I need to change my address very soon. I am assuming this will fall under that despite no charge for changing address?
By Paul_Sengupta
Make sure you send in the paperwork to renew your SEP rating before changing address, otherwise if you change the address with an expired SEP rating, it'll go on the back and you'll have to pay to get it back on the front.