Polite discussion about EASA, the CAA, the ANO and the delights of aviation regulation.
Forum rules: Please keep it polite!
By G-WALES
Recently sent an application off to the CAA to change my address on my EASA PPL- filled the form out with my old address and then the new address and the necessary evidence!

Notified today by my mother, that a new licence had arrived at her house ( my OLD address) so all they had done was sent me the exact same license with a new date on a rating.

I had specifically ticked " Change of address"!

Any of you guys had this happen? Do I just try again and submit a new form and hope they read it this time?

Cheers all

Lloyd
By Dave W
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
I think people have previously said here that a foolproof way of doing this is to get your AME to do it on their system next time you go for a medical.

If you self-declare, that's not an option of course!

Failing that, the specific form is SRG2156 (PDF here); there's no fee for change of address, but there is a fee for change of other personal details. (See here)
Trouble is: I'm applying for a Canadian Temp licence & they need copies of current address to match say my driving licence - so I have to produce certified copies of D/L, log book & a copy of my pilots licence to match - even though my AME has changed it in the CAA system:-(
By Dave W
SRG2156 (link above) has space for up to 4 licences on the form.

I would assume that your CAA Reference Number which forms part of licence numbers will link everything in CAA records anyway.
By PeteSpencer
Richard Dastardly wrote:Did you get any joy in the end - I'm just about to change mine?!

The CAA have a 'consolidation dept' -or similar which means they will circulate a change of address within their system: in my case between a/c registration dept and Radio licence dept.

But for the PPL itself, it was not included in this 'consolidation' and meant sending off separately a seven page form with certified copies of my old licence , passport and all sorts of other cr ap.

I posted on here my woes last year : I'll see if I can find it.

Yep: here it is
https://forums.flyer.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=69&t=96200&hilit=Change+of+address

post#1403846 gives the full saga in a nutshell.... :roll:

Disregard the post early on in the above thread regarding 'a one page form' which is incorrect.
Definitive 'how to change your PPL address' in same thread; post #1404926

Peter
Last edited by PeteSpencer on Mon Jul 31, 2017 12:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Just spoke with licensing - who said that If i call in - they can do it there and then and only have to bring passport as proof of ID (as they have the AME's address change on file) - along with the change of address form, & all other relevant documents - Result !! - And as they're only 25 mins away - I might as well do it tomorrow.
By PeteSpencer
Richard Dastardly wrote:Just spoke with licensing - who said that If i call in - they can do it there and then and only have to bring passport as proof of ID (as they have the AME's address change on file) - along with the change of address form, & all other relevant documents - Result !! - And as they're only 25 mins away - I might as well do it tomorrow.

That's what I did in the end : 250mile round trip taking most of the day: Just for a bleedin' address change......

Peter