Where have you been? What have you seen?
This is my first real trip report and I know it's basic and trivial in comparison to more seasoned pilots who have been to far, far more adventurous places - I know I'm not doing anything new here. Anyway, I thought I would share this here, thinking in particular of my peer newly qualified PPL's who might be thinking about a trip over the water...

Blackbushe - Brugge - Le Touquet

Only a handful of pictures, as Mrs JS was the photographer and she has a tendency to nod off en route :)

JS.
By Julius Seizure
cefiro wrote:This is excellent. thanks for the report.

Thank you! And you are welcome!

How many hours post PPL are you now? Was that your first cross channel trip?

I was at 62 hours before the trip, 66:45 afterwards. My skills test was on June 4th and I got the licence through almost exactly a month later.

That was my first cross-Channel trip "solo" (P1 that is, my other half was in the right hand seat as a passenger). I had previously flown a leg back from Alderney with an instructor as part of a group fly-out.

JS.
nice write up, Julius.

Would like to know what type of extra equipment (i.e. Lifevest) you had with you.

If I ever get around of making to long trip from to cross the channel, most likely would be taking a similar route you did.
By Julius Seizure
Thanks guys!

davidair wrote:Would like to know what type of extra equipment (i.e. Lifevest) you had with you.

Just two life jackets and a PLB.

Cheers
JS.
[joke]and all that fit in the back of the 150 with your luggage[/joke] :D (most of my hours, though training, are on one of them, seems big in the back, until you start putting stuff in it.)
By GAFlyer4Fun
Ambitious trip for a fresh PPL. Well done.

There was a time when a flying club at the Bushe was called Three Counties... and it was joked they only flew in three counties, and you have already done three countries! :lol:

As for that room with the red lighting,... are you sure you didn't divert to Amsterdam? :wink:
By BlackheathBloke
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Nice trip report, good to see you getting out and about and giving your licence a hammering! :thumleft:

My hotelier told me the only place to eat on the main square and not get ripped off is Quick Burger. :D
By Alexw82
Thanks for posting, Nice trip! Ostend is a really hidden gem so easy to get to Bruges on public transport. Well done for going so soon after you got the licence through. If you've been to the Chanel Islands i can recommend Dinard..similar route, sandy beach and customs at the airport. There is a really nice walk around the coastal path great scenery. Look forward to hearing about future trips.
By PaulB
Great write up! I enjoyed reading that!