Where have you been? What have you seen?
Hello,

I would like to take my wife away this weekend for our first aviation weekend away. As its the first one, I dont want to try and be too ambitious with Ireland or Jersey, but would like to go somewhere within about 1.5 hours from Filton, reasonably easy to get to and land, with about 600m+ of grass or Tarmac.

Ideally camping on the airfield ( under the wing style if poss), in a location where we can find things to do and meet some nice people.

I was thinking sandown but we have been there a couple of times already on day trips.

any recomendations?
By Foie Gras
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Think about Oxford - you won't be able to camp on the airfield; but it's a nice city for the weekend with a variety of accommodation and eating options.

The bus also runs straight to the airport. Cambridge exceeds your 1.5 hrs, but is a good one for next time. Both have excellent ATC and runways.

FG
By BlueRobin
SW somewhere, Perranporth, St Mary's, St Just?
By Obiwonkeyblokey
Thanks for the replies, I fancies something a bit seasidey! ( and have been to oxford a few times) I will have a look at the SW options. Thanks again.
By Lefty
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
White Waltham is just 1 mile from Maidenhead / 4 miles from Windsor, good local B & B's. Option to visit Windsor, hire a cruiser on the Thames etc.

Tom