Where have you been? What have you seen?
By dppintr
The original plan for this weekend was to fly to Locarno in Switzerland. After a week of excellent weather, a few days of rain, thunderstorms and lots of clouds would arrive this weekend. Not a suitable weather for crossing the Alps. Friday and Saturday morning would still be fine weather in Germany, with the exception perhaps of the south-west. So we made it a trip to Nördlingen. Locarno we will then do later.

ImageNördlingen

A trip report with pictures can be found here

-o-o-
Flyin'Dutch' liked this
By akg1486
We've spent the last two summer trips in Sweden and are looking forward to return to Germany and the continent in 2022. Will check this destination for sure. :thumleft:
Flyin'Dutch' liked this
By akg1486
Flyin'Dutch' wrote:Don't let me know when you are coming this way; I'd hate to have to buy a beer for you.

Ah: perpetuating the stereotype of Dutchmen everywhere. :D Don't worry: I'll buy you one.

Happy to see you're still around! :thumleft:
By Flyin'Dutch'
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Now only communicating with nice people....

Let me know when you're coming. We have a plan to go to Bornholm at some point; I know it is DK but maybe halfway is a fair deal?
By skydriller
Flyin'Dutch' wrote:We have a plan to go to Bornholm at some point

Now that is an excellent flying weekend destination. I thoroughly enjoyed our daytrip in 2019 - pilot briefing toom in the terminal & hire a car company onsite for total island mobility, but there is a bus that drives all around the island and stops at the airport.

Regards, SD..
By akg1486
Flyin'Dutch' wrote:Let me know when you're coming. We have a plan to go to Bornholm at some point; I know it is DK but maybe halfway is a fair deal?

Well, we won't go to the continent until 2022, and the destinations are always preliminary. But I'll keep that in mind.

If you go to Bornholm, stay a whole day. Rent a car and stay at a nice hotel. It is Denmark, but actually in Sweden FIR.
By akg1486
Flyin'Dutch' wrote:We intend to go for an overnighter - will we be bored?

Depends on your preference, but I think you'll like it. The villages scattered around the coast are much nicer than the main town (Rønne).

It's been a few years since I went. We took a day trip, rented a car (beware the opening hours!) and went around the island with a lunch stop, a quick swim in the sea and a coffee break. I wouldn't have minded an overnight stay.

https://bornholm.info/en/

If you have the time, check in Skydemon for the low-level VFR route over central Copenhagen. It's on my list of things to do.
Flyin'Dutch' liked this
By akg1486
A Quite Interesting fact about Nördlingen:

By nallen
Flyin'Dutch' wrote:We intend to go for an overnighter - will we be bored?

I spent a week on Bornholm a couple of years ago -- very pleasant albeit not wildly exciting. I would very much agree with @akg1486: the coastal villages are much more charming than the main town and offer excellent moseying. The giant ruined castle, Hammershus, on the north-west coast is well worth a visit and the round churches are an interesting curiosity (Østerlars is the best if you want to tick them off). There are some fine beaches, and if you like fish you won't go hungry.
Flyin'Dutch' liked this