Where have you been? What have you seen?
By ArthurG
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Small beer for many here, but my first airborne visit to Scotland was an eye-opener for me. The place, the people and the weather were just perfect. An easy two and a half hours from Welshpool, but a world away. Based at Oban for a few days, the Western Isles were a breathtaking delight to fly over. Did a visit to Glenforsa, not on the busy weekend and got served with good food within minutes. Went to gorgeous Plockton and found my brakes worked well when asked towards the end of the perfect asphalt runway. Oban is a superb base for this and I will be back, lots!
Plenty of parking at Glenforsa
Plockton parking
Plockton
Isle of Gigha
Jura Ferry
The Paps of Jura
More Paps
Jura cliffs
The gulf of Corryvreckan, famous for troubled waters and whirlpools
Whirlpool forming
The Island of Easdale, all but quarried away for slate
Clachan bridge, joining the mainland to the Isle of Seil
Oban town
Isle of Arran
Heading home to Wales, coasting out over the Solway Firth
Miscellaneous, JAFO, GrahamB and 13 others liked this
By Miscellaneous
Fantastic @ArthurG, really glad you made it north and had so much enjoyment from your trip. Thanks for posting the pics. :thumright:

I parked in the same spot at Plockton on the Sunday and spent a very pleasant few hours between lying on the grass in the sun, walking to the village for ice cream and nattering to others who had flown in.

All very civilised.

Hope to meet you on your next visit. :thumright:
ArthurG liked this
By T6Harvard
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Oh, that's a brilliant trip and fab photos, thanks @ArthurG .
Something I am aiming to do :mrgreen:

Glen Rosa on Arran was part of the first proper walking holiday I took MrT6 on, from the shore to that saddle in your photo!
ArthurG liked this