Where have you been? What have you seen?
By ConcordeBA
First time flying an EFIS, here' is my review on the new setup!

After a much-anticipated wait, this video we premier what is most likely to be one of the first Diamond DA40’s in Europe sporting a fully approved ASPEN Evolution 2000 MAX, fully supplemented with a twin state-of-the-art Garmin GTN 650Xi Touchscreen Flight Navigator, fully approved for EGNOS, PBN & LPV approaches.

In addition, a Bluetooth capable audio panel called GMA 345 has been installed which has new features such as audio playback and 3D audio. Stay tuned for many more fun flying adventures!

Read more: https://www.theflyingvlog.uk/new-avionics/

Flying an ILS approach

By ConcordeBA
This week's video shows some of the cool technology now available to this aircraft. It will make a huge difference for the European IFR flights I plan for next year. Including but not limited to; automatic GPSS to quick find of Enroute airport ATIS and Stormscope, and the ability to stream third-party ADSB weather information from iPad to the system in the future via the Garmin Flight Stream. Check it out!

You'll also note on this flight, a complete change in editing style and a faster-paced vlog. This is a step in the right direction and has meant it's far shorter bringing it to more audiences. If you have any suggestions for the VLOG let me know. Some popular ones lately are;

1) Change Face view as it's too low 2) Change Instrument View so it's closer 3) Better Audio Quality (*Solved*) 4) Map of the current location for flight and lastly 5) A bit more interaction (which I've edited into this video) Thanks for the continued support!

By ConcordeBA
cjrpaterson wrote:Interesting flight and tech; how do you counter the risk of being very "heads-in" while flying OCAS though?

Thanks for watching. It was a very interesting flight indeed, I don't think I've ever seen the UK so quiet. London Info was bandboxed at 5pm. But yes good point, this was a VFR flight and as such, we were both looking out. :thumleft:

Edit: Hoping to get one of those EC devices soon, however that can never ever be 100% trusted. I've been on Farnborough Radar and half the contacts are Primary only :oops: - so likely will always fly inside CAS when I get my IR. :mrgreen: