Where have you been? What have you seen?
By johnm
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Very interesting folks must get there one day, but prob 100 by boat rather than TB. Looks quite like Sark down by the harbour.
By Dave W
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Iceman wrote:... perhaps to join the He 111s as a permanent museum piece (I have to confess to not having a clue where the remains of the 111s are located).

I went a-Googling and found a website called "Traces of War", which provides location information.

There's also a 31-page self-published book about them, available through the Lundy Field Society.
Iceman liked this
Great write up Dave, just a shame other commitments prevented us from attending this year. I've visited three times to date, rigid inflatable x 1, aircraft x 2. Tried landing a few weeks ago, crosswind and turbulence too much. We got the mains down but too deep into the strip for comfort, so climbed away, visit 4 hopefully in 2021
Dave W, Rob L liked this
The only time I've (been) flown into Lundy was for the millennium. We'd been loaded onto the Oldenburg on the mainland, but then they decided it was a bit rough so whistled up a couple of helicopters. That'll do nicely.

Great report, many thanks.

PS, How did the resourceful tourist get into Mark's iPad? Don't you need a security code or thumbprint?
Dave W, Iceman liked this
By G-BLEW
Boss Man  Boss Man
Rob L wrote:I loved it too! The overhead views of the Caen Hill locks were a bonus!

A small "but", Ian: you used the "C" word on departure from the Lundy area; naughty boy! :shock:

I know, I've assigned myself a couple of readings of CAP413 :-)

Ian
By ChrisRowland
Rob L wrote:I loved it too! The overhead views of the Caen Hill locks were a bonus!

A small "but", Ian: you used the "C" word on departure from the Lundy area; naughty boy! :shock:

Not sure what the "C" word is, at least in that context. Tried to look at the video but it won't load.