Where have you been? What have you seen?
By csbailey
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Thank you for reading! I have added some video of landing at Cannes, and landing and taking off from Vrsar—more descriptive than the stills.
By csbailey
Oh dear. The previous link was lost when I completely re-wrote the web site in late 2020. A nice lockdown project, but the original links were, of course deleted with the old files, so I am sorry if it meant that you missed a great flying opportunity.
By Flyin'Dutch'
No no, I was looking on the forums as we are possibly flying when we have holiday in August, and the initial disappointment, when the first link was dead, was soon replaced with a sense of success and enjoyment when I found the article by going to the Mistralaviation website and looked under 'trips'

I think the suggestion that we will go to the Lido in Venice may well find approval by those who will be carried.

Thank you
By skydriller
Flyin'Dutch' wrote:I think the suggestion that we will go to the Lido in Venice may well find approval by those who will be carried.

It was about 90 Euros for the weekend in a Robin in June -. oddly broken down into around 35 & 40 euro "service" & "extra services" and the rest split evenly into parking, landing and take-off fees 15 euros total, and what those services were i have no idea... but hey, it's a amazing art deco airport building with a lovely bar & restaurant and its, well, Venice!!!
For cheap travel the day-pass for bus/vaporetto is good value, and there is a bus stop right outside the door. But quite frankly, nothing beats calling up a water taxi to the airport and zooming off into Venice in style - for about 8o-90 Euro you get that cool James Bond feeling... 8)

Regards, SD..
Flyin'Dutch' liked this