Where have you been? What have you seen?
By triph@triph.co.uk
Lefty wrote:Congratulations - especially on getting permission to fly into Israel.
We tried to fly from the UK to Amman Jordan in 2018. We thought we had arrangedpermission to Transit Israel. We had been given all of the procedures and contact frequencies, but when we got to Cyprus we got an email saying that we would not be allowed to enter Israel (and we never received the code to use when contacting Israeli Military ATC).

We looked at going around through Egypt and Aqaba, but we decided that an extra $8000 per aircraft was not justified. So we parked the a/c in Paphos, and took a $120 commercial flight into Amman.

After a fantastic 5 days touring Jordan, we return to Cyprus to pick up our a/c for the return to the UK.

Hi there, I'm planning a trip from Essex to Paphos and wondered if you would be so kind as to share your routing particularly the high ground in Southern France / Northern Italy.

Thanks
By Lefty
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
triph@triph.co.uk wrote:
Lefty wrote:Congratulations - especially on getting permission to fly into Israel.
We tried to fly from the UK to Amman Jordan in 2018. We thought we had arrangedpermission to Transit Israel. We had been given all of the procedures and contact frequencies, but when we got to Cyprus we got an email saying that we would not be allowed to enter Israel (and we never received the code to use when contacting Israeli Military ATC).

We looked at going around through Egypt and Aqaba, but we decided that an extra $8000 per aircraft was not justified. So we parked the a/c in Paphos, and took a $120 commercial flight into Amman.

After a fantastic 5 days touring Jordan, we return to Cyprus to pick up our a/c for the return to the UK.

Hi there, I'm planning a trip from Essex to Paphos and wondered if you would be so kind as to share your routing particularly the high ground in Southern France / Northern Italy.

Thanks

I'd be happy to. Can you please send me a PM (private message) with your email and phone number - and I'll be in touch. Also need to know what type of aircraft and how much experience you have.
Dave W liked this