Where have you been? What have you seen?
By ConcordeBA
My brain on overload, If you’re a pilot, you’ve probably been there.

Here is a quick insight into what it is like to keep the airplane under control, on course and maintaining altitude whilst entering IMC (Instrument meteorological conditions)

If you take interest in my videos and wish to make me a better pilot, don't forget to subscribe to The Flying VLOG.

By ConcordeBA
It's hard to write down when you're entering those puffy white things. :lol: :lol:

I guess it all comes with experience and ability; of which at this point I hadn't flown in real IMC since April 2018.
It is just practice and currency that seems to magically provide more capacity to the point where you are not even conscious of whether you are in IMC or VMC.

I thought you did fine, you missed elements of a transmission but that happens sometimes. On the initial call you could have suggested or requested direct to the IAF as a plan in your head instead of being given that information by the AFISO and having to do the read-back. But then again if there had been a good reason from the AFISO side not to do that you would have been left with more thought to go through.

Dunno if that helps any.
ConcordeBA liked this