Where have you been? What have you seen?
By 2Donkeys
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
I'm not entirely sure where the best place on the forum might be for Video Logs of flying activities.

As a GoPro Virgin, here is a link to my first effort - a flight under IFR from Cranfield to Le Touquet one overcast day earlier this month.
Last edited by 2Donkeys on Tue Aug 21, 2018 5:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
avtur3, TopCat, Dave W and 2 others liked this
By TopCat
I really enjoyed that - I'd never have thought that was a first effort at all. Very watchable indeed, and never short of interest.

Please do more of these! :thumleft:

Two very minor observations:

- Once you were thick in the clag descending, there wasn't much to see over the wing - maybe a little less of that and more of the the instrument panel angle would have added a touch more atmosphere. Possibly for the latter, zoomed in a little too, to allow more of the detail to be seen.

- I noticed your phraseology 'Contact one on' as you came down final. I hear it often, but strictly, isn't 'contact' restricted to contacting in the sense of 'establishing contact with'?

The apron and town shots brought back loads of memories. It's a long, long time since I've been to Le Touquet, something I'm planning to rectify soon. My life raft and jackets, sadly mouldering in the cupboard since 1998 are currently at SEMS, where they've been test-inflated (twice, apparently!!), serviced and given a clean bill of health.

Have to say, you haven't aged much!!!
By 2Donkeys
Thanks Both

@TopCat
I want to play with a different camera angle onto the instrument panel, and I also have to sort out a frame-rate (or other technique) that will remove the refresh cycle on screens.

This was very much a trial run to find out what worked and what didn't. The particular reason for the lack of interior shots during the latter stages of the video was that the interior camera ran out of battery for the last 10 minutes or so - another learning point!

@Miscellaneous
It wasn't a proper fly-in, but you are right that RV concerned belongs to @Rob P. We may have had lunch together shortly afterwards in the company of one of his glamorous lady-friends!
By flybymike
I noticed your phraseology 'Contact one on' as you came down final. I hear it often, but strictly, isn't 'contact' restricted to contacting in the sense of 'establishing contact with'?

For me, the horrendous “traffic not sighted” is;

“No contact”