Where have you been? What have you seen?
By Shrek235
Hello.

Not a trip report but.......................

After having my Barra Beach trip thwarted yet again, this time due to an alternator failure, I took the opportunity to scratch another itch and did my first flight in a Gyro-Copter. Heck, this more than made up for the non start Barra. :D

The School at Inverness, yet again, excelled themselves with excellent customer service. If I could earn a living in Scotland, I would move there like a flash.

I am always cautious when I meet new instructors but Will, my instructor, instantly, put me at ease and it was not long before we were chatting like we have been friends for ever. My kind of instructor and when I can figure out how to make the numbers and logistics work, I will be back to do my licence with him.

As I am a pilot, Will popped me in front - brave man - and then just did the patter. I took to the Gryo like a Duck to Water. What a fabulous piece of kit. I had all my questions answered in a manner I could understand, another big plus to him that is god. 8)

Anyhow, I will let the pictures do the talking. Hope you enjoy.

akg1486, Lockhaven liked this
By BrianTrowbridge
Welcome to the world of fun flying. We don't go very fast but it's a great view and very stable in turbulent conditions.
I started with a PPL(A) and then changed to a PPL(B) for better views but hot air balloons are too weather restricted. Now I've discovered the joys of Gyroplanes and got my PPL(G) last month.
I trained with Chris Jones in Kirkbride and would recommend him to anyone not wanting to go as far north as Inverness.
Shrek235 liked this