Where have you been? What have you seen?
By ConcordeBA
On a very warm August Morning, we transit the world’s busiest single runway airport; London Gatwick. The final flight of Summer 2017.

After a quick take-off roll, we fly towards the far east of the London City zone for a shortcut towards Biggin Hill then flying westbound towards the Buckland VRP, where we are cleared into controlled airspace routing towards the north terminal clearance limit flying overhead the world’s busiest single runway airport.

We route via Handscross then Haywards Heath, climbing up to 4000ft – avoiding some weather and routing back towards Stapleford for a lunchtime arrival.

By Dodo
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Good video, thanks for posting. I often fly Shoreham to Shoreham round the Gatwick zone, but haven't flown overhead since the Ash Cloud of 2010.
By ConcordeBA
I'd highly recommend doing it, and not just for the nostalgia. It's a worth-whilst experience. Just be mindful to not take up much space on the radio with your calls and they seem pretty friendly to give a transit if weather and traffic conditions permit. Although I've gone across when they was shifting 60 movements per hour almost!

Dodo wrote:Good video, thanks for posting. I often fly Shoreham to Shoreham round the Gatwick zone, but haven't flown overhead since the Ash Cloud of 2010.