Where have you been? What have you seen?
By PeteSpencer
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
dominicm wrote:Royal Air Force Battle of Britain Memorial Flight Avro Lancaster at RIAT 2017.

Great videos: 4K/HD best I've seen on my lap top
Thanks.

Agree about the music : Surely it wouldn't be beyond the wit of man to play some music of the time: Victor Sylvester, Jack Parnell or even Glen Miller (especially for Sally B), like they do at Duxford Airshows.

Peter
By skydriller
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
PeteSpencer wrote:
Agree about the music : Surely it wouldn't be beyond the wit of man to play some music of the time: Victor Sylvester, Jack Parnell or even Glen Miller (especially for Sally B), like they do at Duxford Airshows.

Peter

Why any music at all? My girfriend remarked to me the other day that reason she liked flying into the small airshows here was a.sitting under the shade of the wing, b.avoiding crowds. c.not having the constant poor quality noise from the tannoy...

Regards, SD..
By dawdler
{Quote] Such a pity about the dreadful commentary over the tannoy..."..the freedom pass.." etc. It's the worst thing about airshows in the US, and now here. (Why do they feel the need to play dreadful music/singing when the audience wants to hear the aircraft :?: ).[Quote/]

Very true I got told off for allowing the music to interplay with (my) commentary at a vintage commercial vehicle event. I never did it again.