Where have you been? What have you seen?
Wow,

An utterly Fab weekend was to be had at Bicester. Vintage planes, motorcycles and cars were in very decent attendance.

Whilst a smaller event than some held at other airfields, a weekend family ticket was really genuinely affordable and we left Sunday evening having not seen all we wished to.

Auster Club deserve a 10/10 for their static display as do the Army Historic Display Team. Getting up close and personal with a wartime Auster, a DH Beaver, C-47, L-4, Bristol Scout in a short walk just bought a smile to my face over both days.

Infact, what makes the weekend extra special is the access you get to the people and their machines. For example, I never knew I am in love with race prepped Austin A-35's and an Auster 5D...wherever did that come from???

I also loved my conversations with the Westland display pilot minutes before he popped off to perform his routine (what a man ; >4000 rotary hours and counting courtesy of the RAF and Army). Equally, I will never forget spending an unforgettable 30 minutes talking to a former Blenheim pilot (also qual'd on Hurricanes and B-24's no less) who trained at Bicester who had come along for the day. Both conversations were an absolute privilege for me.

Depending on what floats your boat, events like these are so worth seeking out over the larger ones. Everyone feels part of something. A big well done should also go to the visiting PPL pilots who gladly showed their machines off to curious onlookers. Have to say, the flight line was varied, colourful and far from boring. Over two days we spotted varied types such as an Anson, Rapide, Chipmunk, Luscombe, C-120, Broussard, etc. Thanks to all those pilots who flew in; a flight line a crowd can engage with does GA the world of good.

All that's left to be said is well done management team @ Bicester Heritage. You deserve success and see you next year.