Where have you been? What have you seen?
By Paul_Sengupta
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
completedrives wrote:How we can get Flyer free landing voucher? Can you guide us on it?

Subscribe to Flyer magazine. Every issue has a few free landing vouchers for various airfields.

If you specifically wanted Guernsey, you'll have to have a time machine to buy the September 2017 issue and fly there during September 2017!
tomtytom wrote:Hi, im writing up a trip report from the bank holiday weekend, whats a good free bit of software/windows 10 app that I can use to resize photos from my partners "big camera" to less than 3000 pixels wide?

Many thanks
Tom

Tom: have a read of this, posted by the much missed Keef:

viewtopic.php?f=28&t=87971&hilit=rimg

Basically instead of using the [img]and[/img] brackets around a photo, you use the [rimg width=300] and [/rimg] brackets around the photo.

As an example, 300 wide:

If you want it 600 wide then change the width to 600:

If you want it 900 wide then:

If you want it 200 wide then:

It's the same photo and occupies no extra bandwidth! It's just presented in different sizes from the same source.
tomtytom liked this
By Kawaiuk
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
11th July starting in Tandragee N Ireland
Sherborne in Elmet
Rougham
Stop with wife and in-laws
17th onto daughters at westonzoyland
18th Lydd- Albert France
20th Traben Trabach Germany Mosel valley
21st Kempten Germany Allgau
22nd Salzburg Austria and Zell am See
23rd return legs .. ?
Mid Germany Belgium Calais Wolverhampton Darly Moor ish then home

Any advice gratefully received especially availability in France using debit cards
@sam.ruiz Many years ago I picked up a DA42 for delivery in South Africa and currently trying to move my Baron from Cape Town to Ireland.
The problem now is the availability of AVGAS. Are you tanking up? Turtle packs are what I have for the Baron ferry. There is a huge hole in AVGAS availability between Kenya and the North of Egypt. Addis has Avgas at $25 a litre.
Don't even contemplate doing the trip without the use of an assistance with ground handling. A couple of ferry companies offer this.
It's going to be much cheaper to take the wings off and put it in a container. If its adventure you seek then rather go to Cape Town and hire and fly.