Where have you been? What have you seen?
By Nick T
Yup, I'm pretty sure everyone's been to Sywell about a million times now ( ;) ) but after gaining my PPL in August and joining an Archer syndicate at Nottingham Tollerton in January today was to be my time to add Sywell to my logbook :)

All in all the flight itself was quite uneventful, departed Nottingham, got a service and transit from East Mids on my way south before listening out to a very busy Leicester airfield. Sywell itself was quite quiet with only one plane ahead of me in the circuit, so I did a standard overhead join for 21 and positioned for final. The wind at 15kts max 25 made me wince a bit but fortunately it was straight down the runway, which was nice!

Friendly, accommodating service from the guys in the tower and when paying the fees... and then my first (delicious) £100 burger in the pilot's mess before the (equally uneventful) trip back to Nottingham.

Will spend longer there next time and have a look around the museum... didn't want to risk the wind getting overly feisty today.

Anyway, thanks to the guys at Sywell for making a newbie feel welcome!

gasman, maxflying, Jon G4LJW and 2 others liked this
Nick I really enjoyed reading your write-up .
I still have clear memory of my first post ppl landaway in 1990 ( Barton to Glos).
Fast forward to present and I now have 240 airfields in my logbook (65 foreign).
Beware, the £100 burger run can become addictive :D
G-XLTG
EGCJ
Nick T liked this
By Melanie Moxon
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Nice vid and write up. I am planning a fight down there next Thursday from Humberside, if the weather plays ball. Hopefully I'll fly down for the aforementioned burger and then make use of my shiny new night rating and fly back to Humberside in the dark :D
Nick T liked this