Where have you been? What have you seen?
Thought we would share some of our on board footage from one of the Formula 1 Silver heats at the 2016 Reno Air Races in our new aircraft #3 "Chaos Theory". We took the lead from the start on this race so not much passing required and unfortunately our Camera shut down at the start of the Gold race which would have looked considerably more exciting!

And some 3rd party filming from outside of the Formula 1 Silver Final which we won!

Full races will be aired by NBC sports later in the year...

Enjoy!
Morten liked this
By Rob L
So who was the a.r.s.e. ** who ignored the STOP that allowed the other pilot to clatter the hand of the other pilot holding his canopy up.

Inquiring minds need to know what went wrong there, we all know the rules, and it has been a bit quiet on the enquiry front.

Rob

** **** is not a rude word. Moderators: wake up.

Edit 2: a.r.s.e without the . between each letter is also not a rude word.

Rob
The "a.r.s.e" you refer to was Steve Senegal who was flagged to start as normal and knew nothing of the aircraft stopped on the grid in front of him given forward visibility is non-existent until the tail is up. Steve has been the F1 Gold champion for about the last 5 years running and is currently President of IF1, you'd struggle to find a more experienced F1 racer. Thom who he hit is probably one of the most experienced race pilots on the planet having raced F1, Jet and Unlimited classes.

The F1 grid starting system has been used for the last 53 years without issue however after this accident an investigation has rightly begun into the sequence of events and factors which caused this to occur. I have already provided my witness statement, shared my on board footage and also my crews footage of the start, as have all the other racers and I think it’s pretty fair to say we already have a good idea of what went wrong but will leave it to IF1 to issue a formal report in due course.

As always in aviation its rarely just one thing that causes an accident and in this case its fair to say several holes in the cheese did indeed manage to line up....
By Rob L
HartAttack! wrote:The "a.r.s.e" you refer to was Steve Senegal ......

I wasn't referring to him, I was referring to the person that allowed him to continue. Or failed to indicate to him to stop.