Where have you been? What have you seen?
By Paul_Sengupta
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Yes, had two goes on one day, turned back on both. Then stayed the night in Cherbourg and had a go the next day with a weather window lasting a couple of hours. Even so, I was a bit early for the weather window and had to do the last 20 miles over the sea at 800ft. It was bright sunshine at Cherbourg and the cloud only started on approaching the British coast and spread inland as far as I could see. If I couldn't at least have got into Lee then I'd have gone back again. As it was, the cloudbase rose as the land rose when I flew inland, and was about 1000ft AAL over Bourne Park so I managed to get home. But I had Lee in my mind as a diversion both before reaching the coast and after heading inland. Get to the ferry at Gosport, cross the water to Portsmouth Harbour, direct train to Guildford, job done. :D

As I sat at Popham having some food and a chat, having driven in on the way home, the weather improved for a couple of hours before deteriorating again. That was the weather window I was actually aiming for! :D