Where have you been? What have you seen?
I'm only 10 mins in and have had to pause it to get the barnett chopped, but a few quick questions so far.

Have you slowed the film down? I appreciate that to consolidate the total time you have removed big chunks, but the rest seems like slomo to me.

Why do you rarely see the Tornado? Is that due to speed or something else? Nothing on TCAS, does that mean their transponder would be switched off?

Yet you see 2 sets of Eurofighters, any reason for that?

It looks (so far) like you had some great weather.

Finally, thanks for posting, it's been interesting to get a feel for IFR flights. I'd love to get an instrument qualification in the future.
There was no speed-up. It is possible though difficult to do that if you want to keep the sound track intact.

The reason the image is moving slowly is because one is at high altitude - from 10k to 17k feet. 150kt up there doesn't look very fast.

I have no idea about the other traffic. Most traffic showing on TCAS is never spotted. It doesn't matter how many people you have in the cockpit looking for it.
I've finally got somewhere with WIFI that lets me stream and have now watched the remaining 20 or so minutes.

Thanks for taking the time to edit / post it. I hadn't realised how much altitude impacted the perception of speed as I just don't fly that high. I can certainly concur with your comment in the film about the 200kts ground speed.

Overall I found this a really interesting exposure to IFR flight.

Just out of interest, in this film and the other one (Oban) you posted, it appears that you are landing to the left of centre line, Is that the case or just the perception of the camera? If it is the case, then why?

The reason I ask is that I did a film of a final approach recently and I too appeared to land left of centre but that wasn't my intention.

Forgive the dumb question, I'm still very much learning and trying to improve.
Yes; the camera was mounted under the left wing (using suction cups). It was far out, so the prop doesn't show. This produces a strange perspective when landing, and also when turning on the runway. No effect on performance; not even 1kt or any yaw.

But the result is rock steady (the camera is internally stabilised, on top of that) and much better than anything I ever got with an internal camera.

This

is the best I ever got with an internal camera and that was a "semi pro" camcorder for £1500. The only thing which really is better there is the lack of geometric distortion which is a real bast*rd on all the action cams. Well, on a decent camera you also get a proper manual shutter and with 1/80 or slower you can shoot right through the prop, like here

None of the action cams can do that, no matter which neutral density filter you screw on it.
Thanks for posting the additional 2 films, just for the avoidance of doubt (on my part!), you'd recommend the Sony FDR over the G10?

Slight thread drift, but what is the useful load on your TB?

Finally, I've just recognised your profile, and thanks for posting the Shoreham walk on a different thread. Shoreham doesn't appear very popular on here, but I have to say (admittedly from very limited experience), I really like flying in there.

The walk along the house boats is interesting. A month or so ago, I took the wife down there, we had a nice walk on the beach, a decent lunch and still made it back for the school run :)

I've taken both my kids separately and they really like it as well.
The FDR-1000V is an action cam, the Legria G10 is a "prosumer" camcorder. They do different jobs.

The FDR does, well, what you can see it does. It does a very good 1080P, an OK 4K if you mount it rock solid, but the image is severely distorted, especially at 4K. I use lens correction in the video editor but you get artefacts in the corners.

The G10 has fantastic optical stabilisation - like the smart bomb videos the Americans have published. You can point it at an airport from FL170 and it just points at it, while being hand-held. But it is ~ 5 years old, does 1080P but only 25P or 50i (FWIW, 50i gives a better result for a final 50P render then 25P). It has no distortion. The result is really good, with a better dynamic range than the FDR or any action cam currently out.

Yes Shoreham gets slagged off on Flyer but most of the people doing it are well known for not flying much - they are mostly the 10hr/year crowd. Shoreham is a really nice airport to visit - good condition and great ATC. The hangars need a refurb badly....

MTOW 1400kg, empty 900kg, so payload is 500kg, and fuel is 240kg so with full fuel you can carry 260kg.