Where have you been? What have you seen?
By flyingearly
#1870816
Can I just say that I love these 360 degree swivel camera views - they just make the videos look so much more engaging and interesting. I've never used one so no idea how you actually set them up, but the fact it rotated fully and then stayed positioned in the right spot for the landing is great - do you have to trigger the rotation from your phone or is it automatic somehow?
User avatar
By EdH
#1870882
If anyone is visiting Wadswick and sees someone who looks a bit like FLYER's Editor… feel free to say hi… I'm occasionally found down by the hangars, or passing through the coffee shop :)
G-BLEW liked this
User avatar
By Jon G4LJW
#1870920
flyingearly wrote:Can I just say that I love these 360 degree swivel camera views - they just make the videos look so much more engaging and interesting. I've never used one so no idea how you actually set them up, but the fact it rotated fully and then stayed positioned in the right spot for the landing is great - do you have to trigger the rotation from your phone or is it automatic somehow?


The entire 360 view is recorded. So, they can be viewed with Virtual Reality goggles, or you choose the views when you edit the footage - selecting panning and tilting etc, and this can be exported as a "normal" video file.
TopCat liked this
User avatar
By Paul_Sengupta
#1871057
EdH  wrote:If anyone is visiting Wadswick and sees someone who looks a bit like FLYER's Editor… feel free to say hi… I'm occasionally found down by the hangars, or passing through the coffee shop :)


Generally to be found next to an RV somethingorother I would have thought...
By TopCat
#1876768
I called in there this afternoon. Sandwich and a cup of tea. Very nice.

No idea why the web site refers to the approaches as 'intimidating' - the 28 approach at least is no different to anywhere else.

The only thing that might catch out the unwary is that the strip has no markings, and I don't think it's as wide as the claimed 25m. But it's reasonably obvious given the shorter grass, wide enough, and in good condition.

So an upvote from me.
User avatar
By Iceman
#1876770
@TopCat, was the unloved Cessna 337 still parked up at the eastern end, opposite the hangars ?

Iceman 8)
By TopCat
#1876799
Iceman wrote:@TopCat, was the unloved Cessna 337 still parked up at the eastern end, opposite the hangars ?

Not that I saw. There was a red tailwheel something or other parked when I arrived, up at the western end north of the strip in the parking area, but it was gone when I left.

The eastern end was pretty deserted. I did the run up outside the hangars, didn't see anything. It would have been on the north side of the strip if anywhere, but I wasn't really paying attention, sorry.

ETA.... I've just looked up Cessna 337. Twin tail, push-pull thing? I'd have noticed something like that I think, so I'm pretty sure it wasn't there.