What are you planning? Where shall we go?
Roll up! (Well, fly-up ideally, but rolling is an acceptable fallback ;))

I think most people know how these work now.

The idea is as many people as possible commandeer a student pilot, we all fly somewhere (Halfpenny Green this time) and meet up for a late-brekkie-through-lunch-and-cake.

Target date is Saturday 26th September, with Sunday 27th as a fallback for weather. If both days are rubbish we'll just keep rolling onto to the next weekend.

Students get a chance to see both the end goal, that normal people do manage to get it all done (Forumites count as normal, do they?) and if the pilot's happy share some of the flying and nav for a bit of real world experience.

Pilots get an excuse for a day out, warm fuzzies and possibly, within the lawful bounds of valuable consideration, cake.

A few people have had trouble with the Fly-In tool so we'll do the matching up in the thread.

Pilots offering, go ahead and post with possible location pickups and seats available.
Students looking for a ridealong post locations you can get to.

I'll have a go at keeping this front post up to date with details.

Matches
  • Julius Seizure and Lee Savell
  • Gadgetjunkie and CGlobe
  • Pizzytinzel, Devon, possibly with strut member
  • NickS and wbrobson and Eltomzo
  • FlightDek and local stude
  • Cookie and BrimBrim
    [8]DuncanM + 1
  • Hopefuly Hatzflyer and kghjfg
  • PossibleRob P with Iolanthe

Pilots with seats
  • Leia, 1 seat, from Old Park (could detour to any of Swansea, Cardiff, Broadmeadow or Shobdon)
  • tankbarrell (Adrian), 1 seat from Horham (north Suffolk)
  • NickS, 1 seat still spare, Blackbushe
  • JohnH690, Blackbushe
  • adhawkins (Andy), 1 seat remaining from Kemble
  • Possibly takenJonH690, 1 seat from Wellesbourne.
  • Sunday only, Straight'nLevel, White Waltham or en route.
  • Sunday only, Jollyrog, 1 from London area
  • Sunday only SeanJD, 2 seats, from Blackpool

Students needing lifts

• RichardH, Gamston/Sheffield or within hour's drive thereof
  • Nomodecharlie, Nottinghamshire
  • Jamesc_1729, Broadmeadow or Kemble
  • dickieg, NorthEast England
  • Possible morticiaskeeper (Paul) Gloucester but can drive to other locations

Coming anyway
vw-dan (based there!)
BillBravo - ditto
Last edited by leiafee on Fri Sep 25, 2015 4:45 pm, edited 45 times in total.
By CGlobe
If anyone's got a right seat going spare I'd be interested, just got to work out if I can do it - might have a couple of other things on on that weekend :(
By kghjfg
Please add me as wanting a seat, from Bourn preferably, though anywhere within an hours drive of Ely (40 mins North of Bourn) works for me.

Bourn looks about 40 mins NE of Leighton Buzzard? (is it? I've not started nav yet!)
Could that be the first match? (not that I'm keen or anything :D )
By vw-dan
I'll be there, but as it's my home field I won't need a lift :D
By adhawkins
Would be interested in this, will discuss with SWMBO. Is it planned for both dates, or is the final date not decided yet?

2 or possibly 3 seats from Kemble. (PA28-161 or PA-28R-180 if I can get current and its annual has been done)

Andy
By leiafee
adhawkins wrote:Would be interested in this, will discuss with SWMBO. Is it planned for both dates, or is the final date not decided yet?

Saturday with Sunday as weather fallback - could end up with two 'batches if weather substantially different on different sides of the country I suppose.
By Hazel C
Count me in probably one way or the other (unless its Skills Test weekend :wink: )

However, my arrangements. I need to look into Halfpenny Green to see what the runway length, surface is, how far away, can I do it on 80litres, and if I feel i'm up to doing it solo (and see if my FIs agree)..also of course, if the mighty Grob is available for an all dayer!

If negative to some/all of this, Rob P has already agreed to chauffeur in the black monster (thanks again Rob) :D
By kghjfg
I believe you can match kghjfg (Dave) and PeteL, but feel I shouldn't really be the one confirming this, as I'm the student ! :thumright:
By alexbrett2
* alexbrett2, 2 seats from Cambridge (subject to aircraft coming out of mx)
By vw-dan
Iolanthe wrote:Count me in probably one way or the other (unless its Skills Test weekend :wink: )

However, my arrangements. I need to look into Halfpenny Green to see what the runway length, surface is, how far away, can I do it on 80litres, and if I feel i'm up to doing it solo (and see if my FIs agree)..also of course, if the mighty Grob is available for an all dayer!

If negative to some/all of this, Rob P has already agreed to chauffeur in the black monster (thanks again Rob) :D

Surface is hard, with three WWII A arrangement runways. Not sure on lengths but I've put my schools fully laden Grobs down on all three and on two as a brand new solo so if you can get here you should be absolutely fine.
By Hazel C
brilliant VW...another Grob pilot! I'm not the only one here to fly such a skittish (but loveable) little beastie 8) Which mark do you fly?

If its the WW2 "A" pattern, hard it should be ok, sounds like Barkston. I'll look it up still tho...good airmanship and need to see the distance before i make up my mind :)
By seanjd
Just booked club aircraft, so will have 2 seats available from Blackpool :thumright: