What are you planning? Where shall we go?
By Rob P
The Facebook people will have seen these, but just to make it worse for BHB...

The ramp at Le Mans. Shortly followed by a walk across to the Total service station where the sandwich jambon and coffee were actually excellent

The climb out from Le Mans as they prepare for this week's 24 Heures du Mans

Final for 21 at Saucats and yes, I have flown through the centreline

The ramp at Saucats, British, Italian and French aircraft everywhere

Where I spent most of my time, the FLYER (Note the interior mirror) crewbus

Grapes everywhere

More grapes in a different form. The smell of new oak barrels was delicious, as was the wine we sampled, and bought

This is what I call a BBQ!

Happy chaps: G-JANN, Birthday Boy Fage and Iceman smiling happily

Not even James's outrageous puns could wipe those smiles off.

Legacy of the last unpleasantness with the Germans. The U-Boat pens of Bordeaux

Amazing fountain. In 34 degree heat the spray was most welcome

The diminished group on Sunday evening prior to yet another superb meal. James drove, I got to drink.

Rob P
By Iceman
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
BlackheathBloke wrote:Even worse that I spent the weekend in Dublin watching one of the worst football matches in history. :oops:

Well, if you will indulge in such activities ... :D :roll:

Lasting memory of Friday night - 14 people in the minibus, including the luggage compartment :lol: :drunken: :drunken:

Iceman 8)
By Rob P
Memory had pulled a veil over that little adventure. It was pretty sluggish with that many aboard. :shock:

Rob P
By Rob P
Nor was there ever a moment when opening the sliding door on the side of the truck resulted in a glistening waterfall of pale golden liquid that smelled a lot like Adnams Southwold Bitter cascading onto the airfield car park. :whistle:
By Paul_Sengupta
Rob P wrote:Nor was there ever a moment when opening the sliding door on the side of the truck resulted in a glistening waterfall of pale golden liquid that smelled a lot like Adnams Southwold Bitter cascading onto the airfield car park. :whistle:

I thought that was quite impressive given that the leak had been in the boot! I had to investigate the route the beer had taken and how deep the lake was inside the minibus.
By Tall_Guy_In_a_PA28
Just remembered that I accidentally deleted the post I wrote on Sunday night and was too tired to re-type. In summary:

Big thanks to Rob, James and Rob for organising / hosting / helping and of course bus driving beyond the call of duty. Special thanks to Iceman for providing the aerial transportation in his TB20, which is a wonderful touring aircraft, albeit rather thirsty.

The pilots at Saucats are so lucky. Simultaneous hard and grass runway ops, mixed powered and gliders, extensive model flying (including model tugs towing model gliders - a first for me!), aeros in the overhead and all adjacent to the Bordeaux CTR with only air to air RT. I am still not sure how it works, but it does.

It was great to catch up with everyone and to meet a few new faces. All in all, a fab trip.
By ianfallon
Tall_Guy_In_a_PA28 wrote:Simultaneous hard and grass runway ops, mixed powered and gliders, extensive model flying (including model tugs towing model gliders - a first for me!), aeros in the overhead and all adjacent to the Bordeaux CTR with only air to air RT. I am still not sure how it works, but it does.

Sounds rather like Hinton at the weekend :-)
sounds like you lot had a good time! hopefully I can make one, but limited time off in one block, eccept of course if I were on a 10-15 day holiday time.

happened, though, this was my holiday period, but other things were planned (long, several times cancelled, family visit).

so hopefully I can make one in the future, if:
1. I have enough time off to consider bad weather hindering my return to home for a few days, so that I'm not in stress. and
2. the club give me permission to take the most used 152 away for a long weekend.
3. and, because I would be using a 152, really not too far away (maybe two 2hr legs, this would have been 3, but still would have like to go.)

glad you all enjoyed it!
By James33
Thanks very much to all who came.

A very tiring weekend for Rob and myself, but a very fun one too, with the best weather we could possibly have hoped for.

Probably the most traffic Saucats has had on a single weekend. Things generally ran smoothly in the circuit, and the meal on the Saturday night was fantastic, with the restaurant owners surpassing themselves.

Thanks very much to Paul Sengupta for taking me for a ride in his Bulldog, very much enjoyed it.

It does surprise me that we don't have an AFIS at Saucats, when nearby airfields with considerably less traffic do have one. Probably a question of cost, as it is paid for by local councils.

The locals were also very pleased with the event, so much so that they have decided to organise their own fly-in on 27th June (details below).

Saucats remains a British-friendly airfield all year round, so if anybody needs fuel on a trip south, please just give me a call and I will be happy to organise it (we are much cheaper than surrounding airfields!).

By James33
Copy of the e-mail sent to airfield users.....

Dimanche soir s'est achevé l'évènement Fraduno 2015

Quelques chiffres......

Avions présents : 20
Carburant servi : 1 500 L
Bière consommée : 500 L

Merci à tous les pilotes ayant volé ce weekend qui ont accepté de jouer le jeu en ce qui concerne la radio en anglais. L'écrasante majorité des arrivées se sont faites sans problème. Ils semblerait que c'est en apprenant à dire "Bonjour" qu'ils ont trouvé leur salut.

J'espère tout simplement qu'ils ont pu se sustenter correctement pendant l'évènement... travailler d'arrache-pied ne veut pas toujours dire être sans dalle... même si les absents avaient eux un alibi en béton. Tout ce que j'en sais, c'est que ceux qui ont répondu à l'appel ont fini le weekend tête-bêche.

Merci à Patrick de nous avoir facilité l'accès au carburant tout au long du weekend.

Merci à Philippe et Béatrice du resto pour l'excellent repas qu'ils nous ont préparé.

Last but not least, un grand merci à Patrick Verhee et à Pierre Espias pour ce formidable spectacle de voltige auquel nous avons pu assister. De quoi confirmer que le jeu en a valu la chandelle, même si le Cap 21 ne nous emmène pas forcément dans l'axe de la 03.

En tout cas, ma copine, réticente au début, a bien aimé... et c'est en venant à bout d'elle que j'ai pu apprécier l'envergure de l'évènement.

Les participants ont été ravis de l'accueil qui leur a été réservé, surtout les Italiens, qui, malgré quelques soucis informatiques, ont bien pu déposer leur plan de vol. En même temps, ce n'était pas un simple problème d'ordinateur qui allait faire céder Rome.

J'espère que l'on pourra organiser d'autres rassemblements de ce type à l'avenir.
By jerry_atrick
Rob P wrote:The Facebook people will have seen these, but just to make it worse for BHB...
Rob P

Not just BHB!

Glad to see it was a great one...

L
By Paul_Sengupta
I've just received my landing fee bill from La Rochelle.

It has:

ATTERRISSAGE/LANDING UNION EUROPEENNE: 11.02
BALISAGE/LIGHT ARRIVEE/ARRIVEL: 27.56
STATIONNEMENT: 4.42

Then all +VAT comes to 51.60.

What's the second thing on that list? Landing and parking seem very reasonable, but this is a bit costly! Is this handling or something?
By Rob P
It looks like runway lighting.

Skydriller or James may know better

Rob P