What are you planning? Where shall we go?
UK possible attendees

SimonM + 2
Jenny + John
G-JANN +3
Pete S + 1
Moli
Steve R
rogerb
Rob P + 1
P Sengupta & partner :D
Pilot H
Dave W
Iain D + Marie
Ian F (Billy No Mates)
letpmar
LZ791 + 3
Iceman + Tall_Guy_In_a_PA28
Awful Charlie
Derek Fage and Tammy

Italian possible attendees

AfricanEagle & Kat
Clemente & Graziella
Giovanni & Franca
Fiore
Marco & Carmelo
ormazad +1
cypox + 2
pirata
Fabio + 1

The home team

James 33
Skydriller + Sue

Anyone else? Add a post at the end and I'll append your name

In brief.

Meeting of Italian and British flying brothers on French soil.

Core events to take place over the weekend of 6th and 7th June, although as is the way with these things some will arrive early, some depart late.
Currently hotel accommodation centred on the IBIS Budget nearby. Camping on airfield to be negotiated, but not currently possible
No customs on the field so UK departees will need to clear customs elsewhere
Various 'entertainments' being discussed
Open to all - If it's your first fly-out you are doubly welcome.

Facebook page here: https://www.facebook.com/FRaduno215?fref=ts
Last edited by Rob P on Mon Jun 08, 2015 9:24 pm, edited 33 times in total.
By Keef
I look forward to it!

Ideally, it needs to be somewhere where we have local contacts (rather like Sansepolcro, which has to be one of my favourite airfields).

If there's an interesting old town attached to the airfield, so much the better!
By Iceman
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Definitely in subject to no clashes with other commitments.

Iceman 8)
By Tall_Guy_In_a_PA28
Sounds great.

How about Colmar for a medieval city, convenient under-used airfield and possibility for a side trip into Switzerland? Awful Charlie (Ben) is fairly local.

2nd idea - one of the Atlantic coast resorts. Is Lolar (Thibault) still around? He had connections on l'ile d'Yeu.

Date wise, can I register a big preference for June over May? I already have commitments for the last three weekends of May (a 185 mile charity cycle ride, the Monaco GP and Project Propeller).

Thanks.
By Rob P
Flyin'Dutch' wrote:May I suggest that you put the French locationish in the title?

It is.

Were it in Italy it would be 'Il Raduno' :D

Rob P
By Flyin'Dutch'
Rob P wrote:
Flyin'Dutch' wrote:May I suggest that you put the French locationish in the title?

It is.

Were it in Italy it would be 'Il Raduno' :D

Rob P

We are not all polyglots like you Rob.

;)
By PeteSpencer
A date decision sooner rather than later would suit me: the more organised members of our group have already started booking their Summer breaks in the aeroplane :roll:
By BlackheathBloke
Yes, a firm date would be good as soon as practicable.

Location, I'm easy.
By Grumpy One
OK then! June 11th through to June 25th or any period in betwixt.
:pirat:
Decided. Id est. Factum inspergunt. Egdum colas. Tempus Fugit & Honi soit qui mal y pense. :cheese:
By rats404
For those of us without the background, is this a weekend, long weekend, turn up and stay as long as you like, or something else?

I'm keen, but I need to start planning the charm offensive to get my wife interested.
By Rob P
rats404 wrote:For those of us without the background, is this a weekend, long weekend, turn up and stay as long as you like, or something else?

Italian Raduno have generally been over three days. The tradition is that about sixty people commit to coming and twenty or fewer turn up. Eagle spends an inordinate amount of time organising and things like coaches and trips are laid on, as well as sumptuous food. Around that people build their own programme. Raduno 1 was a planned seven day expedition for Sandra and I in the 80knt Shiny Colt. Raduno 3 saw Two Donkeys and I drinking ourselves to a standstill enroute on Venice Lido and not managing to make it to the mainland bash for hangover reasons.

Being that this is a first, not even the organisers know the format at this stage. But the astute will notice that by and large France is a bit closer than Italy.

Rob L's suggestion is interesting, but may be a little close to the summer holiday season for some. I'd certainly be up for a visit anyway

Rob P