What are you planning? Where shall we go?
By Ian Hibbert
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Iceman - I believe it was 250 PI as opposed to total time,for anyone getting out the calculator.
By Iceman
You could well be right. It's 11 years since I last went so I can't remember if it's 250 total or 250 P1. I will try to clarify in the near future for those people with low hours anticipating being able to attend on the basis that they will have the requisite hours by then.

Iceman 8)
By Gromit
Count me as a probable, subject to dates.
By AerBabe
Expression of interest!

Unlikely to be flying myself, so offering in-flight catering and TCAS.
By Iceman
I've never seen one there but I'm pretty sure that they'd be made very welcome :D

I seem to recall that they said that helicopters do land on the front lawn.

Iceman 8)
Last edited by Iceman on Sat Apr 26, 2014 10:23 am, edited 2 times in total.
By AerBabe
Have either of you looked at the website?
It quite clearly says "Private airfield and helicopter landing area".
MEN!
*sigh*
:roll:

:D
Last edited by AerBabe on Sat Apr 26, 2014 4:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By G-JANN
Expression of interest!
It is a few years since we were last there
By Rich T
Also interested, preferably not late May/early June as that always seems to be a busy time. If johnm and Anne are going we'll have to work out how to cram 4 of us in and still get off the ground, though...
By Iceman
Ian Hibbert wrote:Iceman - I believe it was 250 PI as opposed to total time,for anyone getting out the calculator.

Ian, you are absolutely right. 250 hours P1 required for all pilots, as confimed by the airfield plate.

Rich T, when I've been there in the past, it has been customary to make the short hop to Dijon Longovic on departure to refuel, file flight plans, customs & immigration, etc. You won't have any problems getting in 4-up but should it be a bit tight getting out (it's 1125 ft elevation and can be hot), there will be aircraft available to get you over to Longovic where you can comfortably take off 4-up. On the two occasions that I've been to the Château, I've been 3-up in a turbocharged Arrow so it wasn't an issue but I believe that other forumites have witnessed some 'interesting' performance-related departures from the strip.

Iceman 8)