What are you planning? Where shall we go?
By Colonel Panic
Along with 3 other familiar faces from this Forum, I popped in to Nottingham Tollerton yesterday. It was absolutely heaving with planes (of all shapes and sizes), flying lawnmowers, helicopters, spotters et al. As often as not there were 3-5 on final, with the inevitable extra aircraft going around as well. AIUI, this "Fly In" was organised / sponsored / whatever by A N Other aviation magazine. Judging by the number of people there, one would expect that their Forums would be buzzing with cameraderie and posts. But a quick visit to their Forums reveals that little could be further from the truth ...

How does one explain the apparant discrepency? Was the Fly In gatecrashed by another organisation too?
By Indigo
:wink:

Well I am having a "goodwill" moment currently (enjoy it, it wont last) because I just put down the cash for my share in the brand new state of the art flying lawnmower being delivered in a fortnight :D

By BlueRobin
One of the Rob's here iirc is a mod there. Be careful :wink:
By Pianorak
Indigo wrote:I just put down the cash for my share in the brand new state of the art flying lawnmower

Congratulations. Does that mean the Socata has found a new home? (Sorry, just being nosey.)
By Indigo
Nope :?

The group are still "considering" that at the moment... I am hoping for a reduction in the share cost at the next group meeting which might make it shift a bit faster. The problem is that two members want to leave, and the remainder want to sell an extra share to increase utilisation (and raise money), so the debate is endlessly about which share gets sold first.
By BlueRobin
J, how many in the TB group and how many want to sell? If it's more than 50%, I'd call that dissolution time.
By Indigo
5 in the group, 2 want to sell, the remaining 3 want to sell another share to raise capital
By Red Nose
I find it very sad :( that Colonel Panic has not received an answer to his question when he started this thread :bounce: .
RN
By BlueRobin
For whatever reason Key's GA board has always been dead. I think the fly-in was arranged by another medium, i.e, the magazine.
By Rob P
I know nothing.

Please do not visit the Key GA Forum. It is nice and peaceful there and that's how I like it. :D

Rob P
By Lefty
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Indigo wrote:Nope :?

The group are still "considering" that at the moment... I am hoping for a reduction in the share cost at the next group meeting which might make it shift a bit faster. The problem is that two members want to leave, and the remainder want to sell an extra share to increase utilisation (and raise money), so the debate is endlessly about which share gets sold first.

The logical way (which a couple of syndicates at Waltham are doing as we speak) is to sell the existing shares first. When the first share is sold - the proceeds are split 50/50 between the leaving members. When the second share is sold - they again get 50% each - then the new syndicate go on to raise whatever capital - however they agree. It is not fair to raise capital on the basis of guys who have notified their wish to sell out.

Tom :D