What are you planning? Where shall we go?
By David Williams
I'm considering going to Cromer Northrepps this weekend - possibly Saturday. They're having a "veteran" fly-in, and G-BSEP nearly qualifies. Has anyone else been to this event before? Anyone planning to go?

I've never been to Cromer before. The runway should be plenty long enough, but can anyone comment on what the surface is like, and how clear the approaches are - trees, power lines, anything like that?

Any recommendations for places to go within reasonable walking distance - beaches, eateries, etc?
By David Williams
Well obviously I'll be speaking to Chris, but I wondered if any Forumites had any handy hints too.
By cloudhopper
David Williams wrote:I'm considering going to Cromer Northrepps this weekend - possibly Saturday. They're having a "veteran" fly-in, and G-BSEP nearly qualifies. Has anyone else been to this event before? Anyone planning to go?

I've never been to Cromer before. The runway should be plenty long enough, but can anyone comment on what the surface is like, and how clear the approaches are - trees, power lines, anything like that?

Any recommendations for places to go within reasonable walking distance -
beaches, eateries, etc?

The strip has quite a slope to it and at least one aircraft came a cropper there last year. I've never flown into there but I've watched aircraft come on final along a valley, then over the road at the end of the runway and onto the slopey grass (sadly I don't have any photos that I could e-mail). I think that I read somewhere that a second runway was going to be added in the hope of making it safer, although I may be wrong.

http://www.dft.gov.uk/stellent/groups/d ... 28145.hcsp

http://www.dft.gov.uk/stellent/groups/d ... 23428.hcsp

As for places to go, you could walk in to Cromer or get a taxi as it is only a couple of miles. As for food, a bag of fish and chips and a walk down to the pier is usually a good option. The paths along the cliffs are well worth a look too.