What are you planning? Where shall we go?
By Sir Morley Steven
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
[img]https://i.imgur.com/8Hu5a2D.jpg[/img]
Dakota is growing up and she likes travelling in the car but I have yet to take her flying. Is there such a thing as a canine fly in and would anyone recommend where to take her in the meantime?
By TopCat
I love Jacks. I used to have one years ago. Took him flying all the time, he absolutely loved it.

He was one smart dog. I used to say to him... "Foster, wanna go for a walk?" and he'd grab the lead and run to the front door.

Whereas if I'd say to him... "Foster, wanna go flying?", he'd grab the lead and run to the back door, as that was how we got to the car.

I put him in the back seat with the seat belt through his collar, so he could move around but not jump into the front. He used to be paws up on the window ledge for departure, looking out... and then he'd fall asleep in the cruise... and then wake up as the engine note changed when I pulled the throttle back for the descent. and then he'd be looking out again for the descent and landing.

Airfields he just loved.

White Waltham is very dog-friendly.

I'm thinking of getting another Jack but it's tough selling the idea to Mrs TC. Where did you get Dakota? Is she a Parson?
By Sir Morley Steven
Breeder in Devon, Tegtaran Parsons. Would recommend her to anyone. Dakota’s dad won third prize this year at Crufts. She’s a proud daughter!
By TopCat
Sir Morley Steven wrote:
> Breeder in Devon, Tegtaran Parsons. Would recommend her to anyone. Dakota’s
> dad won third prize this year at Crufts. She’s a proud daughter!

She looks lovely, I'm convinced you can see the intelligence in their faces.

Does the breeder only do Parsons? I'm looking for the short-legged variety. But I want a really good one. None of the bandy-legged shockers that the puppy farms put out with that pure JR character polluted to buggery. Hate them.

Edit: found them online. Looks like Parsons only from their site.