What are you planning? Where shall we go?
By tr7v8
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
T6Harvard wrote:
tr7v8 wrote:Unlikely that I can make it, moves are afoot that I'll be roughing it in Las Vegas (for work)

Oh that's good but a shame, IYKWIM

(Flying's cheaper over there :thumright: )

Now there's a thought!
Last edited by tr7v8 on Mon Feb 14, 2022 10:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
T6Harvard liked this
By Micromouse
booked!!! wifey and I will be there :-)

Wayne
T6Harvard liked this
By Cessna571
It does make it harder for pilots to bring students if we have them at DX on DX flying days.

In the past they were organised so that pilots would fly students near them to/from them.

I’d be up for taking a student to such an event. (FOC of course).
By T6Harvard
Cessna571 wrote:It does make it harder for pilots to bring students if we have them at DX on DX flying days.

In the past they were organised so that pilots would fly students near them to/from them.

I’d be up for taking a student to such an event. (FOC of course).

Duxford was just a focal point for aviation and meeting up. Should I change the title to 'meet up' and we could have a proper fly in somewhere else?
I've never been flown to a fly-in so haven't got the hang of it :lol:

I'm open to suggestions / added events :mrgreen:
Cessna571 liked this
By Milty
Newbie student question. Assuming the school has aircraft availability, would I be able to fly in solo as part of a solo land-away training exercise?

Two questions about the above really. 1 - is it possible / legal / permitted and 2 - would it be wise given additional traffic, pressure etc?
@T6Harvard

I’ll be coming along if I can :thumleft:

I’m just not flying enough at the minute, so I need another trip Duxford -> Sleap or some such.

Once it warms up a bit I don’t mind trying to help organise a fly in with students involved.

Tbh.. fly ins are seeming like a distant memory right now.
T6Harvard liked this
Milty wrote:Newbie student question. Assuming the school has aircraft availability, would I be able to fly in solo as part of a solo land-away training exercise?

Two questions about the above really. 1 - is it possible / legal / permitted and 2 - would it be wise given additional traffic, pressure etc?

1. No apparent reason why not, though your school might not want their aircraft sitting on the ground somewhere else.

2. I’ve flown on a couple of flying days departing from DX. The airfield gets shut for large moveable swathes of time. They publish an itinerary that then gets changed on the day.

Last time I flew, they were meant to be leaving windows for arrivals departures, but moved it around to shut the airfield for a large chunk of the afternoon.

Even if you get PPR and they tell you the windows you can arrive or leave, these would be subject to change.
Milty liked this