What are you planning? Where shall we go?
By Iceman
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
@T6Harvard, the only thing that I’ve ridden in recent years is Icelandic ponies. They’re feisty little buggers (light the blue touch paper and stand well back) but I’d think they (and me) would find the jumps a bit of a challenge :lol: !

I think that I’ll stick to being a fly-in spectator. Only down side is that the pilot cannot partake in the Pimms or Champagne.

Iceman 8)
T6Harvard liked this
By T6Harvard
Iceman wrote:@T6Harvard, the only thing that I’ve ridden in recent years is Icelandic ponies. They’re feisty little buggers (light the blue touch paper and stand well back) but I’d think they (and me) would find the jumps a bit of a challenge :lol: !

I think that I’ll stick to being a fly-in spectator. Only down side is that the pilot cannot partake in the Pimms or Champagne.

Iceman 8)

:lol:

Yeah, I'm designated (car) driver for RIAT this year and we have tkts for the First Class lounge. They really should let designated drivers have a carry out bottle of fizz!!
Iceman liked this
By Iceman
It’s a bummer drawing the short straw like that. The last time that I arrived at Fairford was courtesy of BA747 from Heathrow. Unfortunately, the flight was too short to break out the bubbles. The full-power takeoff on departure from Fairford was quite fun though.

Iceman 8)
T6Harvard liked this
By Pete L
Looks like I may be there (Badminton) two days depending on willing victim availability. The preferred passenger is mainly into dressage and prefers fast cars to aircraft - I think the only chance of getting her in the thing is if it's a flat calm forecast all day.
By Iceman
If you’re talking the main horse trials event in the link, then the airport is normally very busy for those days. I’ve flown in for the cross-country event for about the last 12 years. If the three day event is something different, then I’m not sure.

Iceman 8)
By Iceman
For a sell-out cross-country day after the two year break (it was packed), it was somewhat surprising to see an empty airfield with just a few aircraft in rather than the many that usually attend. Perhaps people were put off by the £60 landing fee or the specified compulsory pre-purchase tickets. As it happens, they were selling tickets to aircraft arrivals. Nobody was checking tickets so anyone appeared to be able to get in free. I made a straight-in approach, having been given a zone transit by Cardiff and Bristol from a private strip on Exmoor.

Who said that you can’t pick up a decent bottle or two at one of the many great shopping outlets on site :lol: :shock: ?

[img]https://i.imgur.com/RGnFT6K.jpg[/img]

Iceman 8)
T6Harvard liked this