What are you planning? Where shall we go?
By Iceman
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
I’m not going to Oshkosh this year so Lundy Sunday for Lunkosh it is then :D.

link

After last year’s weather cancellation, let’s hope for good weather this year ! I did get there three weeks later last year in the Maule on a gloriously sunny day.

Strip 24/06 left of picture.

Iceman 8)
RichJordan liked this
By Iceman
Having just spent a couple of days in the lighthouse, the surface is pretty rough and unmaintained at the moment. I had to walk the strip in order to remove a number of high thistles before departure. The deer stood on the strip on arrival took a bit of convincing to move with a high-speed low flypast.

Iceman 8)
By Paul_Sengupta
If Iceman's camping is anything like mine, I take:

Tent
Foam insulating layer of flooring
Additional foil backed blanket layer of insulation
Double sized blow up mattress (if the Raduno taught us anything, it's that Iceman likes things which are inflatable) and pump
Mattress protector
Fitted undersheet
Duvet
Pillows

I also tend to take a BBQ, cool box with food and a cool box with beer on ice, but then I fly a Bulldog and my baggage floor has a limit of 100kg. The coolboxes are the heaviest things and go right behind the seats for balance purposes. Oh, did I mention the gas cooker, frying pans and kettle, along with water?
Iceman liked this
By Iceman
Peter Gristwood wrote:Would you like us to sort a physio for you on your return? :lol: :lol:

After yesterday’s gardening, I think that I could do with one now :shock: ! Not good for you this gardening lark !

Iceman 8)
By none
Looking forward immensely to this one, my third visit...! Stopping at Middlezoy the day before for their wings and wheels event, nice farmhouse B&B close by. Planning an early departure for the island Sunday, so likely to be one of the early arrivals. All we need is 10+ knots straight down 24
to make it perfect....!
Iceman liked this
Iceman wrote:I don’t normally do tents but considering the possibility of camping on the Friday / Saturday nights.

Iceman 8)

Pray tell. Rumour has it you're being paid to participate in a new reality TV series with Bear Grylls. :wink:

It's the only explanation that makes sense. :D
Iceman liked this
By SafetyThird
I was really looking forward to my first Lundy Sunday but I’ve been temporarily grounded due to new meds and my new medical isn’t until August 3rd. Already pencilling in for next year.
By Iceman
Miscellaneous wrote:
Iceman wrote:I don’t normally do tents but considering the possibility of camping on the Friday / Saturday nights.

Iceman 8)

Pray tell. Rumour has it you're being paid to participate in a new reality TV series with Bear Grylls. :wink:

It's the only explanation that makes sense. :D

You haven’t see my tent, en suite, air-con, double bed and a beer and champagne fridge that will tax the island generator :lol: !

Iceman 8)
Miscellaneous liked this