What are you planning? Where shall we go?
By Iceman
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
A proposal for a pre-Christmas drinks and meal in central London. It will probably take the old format of drinks at De Hems followed by a meal at Gerrard's Corner, China Town. We missed out on this annual event last year.

Date Thursday 25th or Friday 26th of November (with a preference for Friday 26th).

Iceman 8)
Last edited by Iceman on Tue Oct 12, 2021 9:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tr7v8 liked this
By Iceman
Irv Lee wrote:"was foie gras with you?"

Thankfully not, else things could have got very messy :shock: !

As it happens, I think that it was myself and Gerard (late of this parish) that were dragged there, kicking and screaming, by Rob :lol: !

Perhaps it’s time to return :P.

Iceman 8)
Rob P, Irv Lee liked this
Iceman wrote: I think that it was myself and Gerard (late of this parish) that were dragged there, kicking and screaming, by Rob

Not exactly how I recall the evening, though once at Spearmint Rhino I do recall it being very hard to find you. I expect some staff member had taken you somewhere quiet to discuss the world situation re climate change or something?

Rob P
By Morten
Rob P wrote: I do recall it being very hard

They were clearly doing their job...

I walked past Hems on Sunday and wondered to myself whether we shouldn't do one of these again. Great minds clearly think alike. Our, as my MIL used to say, fools rarely differ...

Either date works for me for now :thumleft:
Iceman, Flyin'Dutch' liked this
By Micromouse
We would be up for the 26th, as we are in London anyway

So Me + Wifey

Wayne
Let us be quite clear. Nothing untoward happened in Spearmint Rhino. Mr @Iceman is blissfully single so free to do as he pleases. Gerard and I engaged some delightful ladies in intellectual conversation over a tray of tea and scones. They seemed to be having some trouble with their underwear, but we both politely ignored this as any gentleman pilot would.

Rob P

Memory of the tea and scones is hazy.

It might have been coffee and cakes.
tr7v8, Iceman, Flyin'Dutch' liked this