What are you planning? Where shall we go?
By Iceman
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Lefty wrote:
> They had one new piece of procedure. A security guy had to accompany us on
> the bus to our aircraft - then inspect / search the interior and then
> observe us until we had started and taxied off parking.

As we went out to the aircraft quite early (to get fuel and a possibly earlier getaway), and then we had a 45 minute slot delay from out actual later flight-planned departure time, our guy ended up being sat with us for about 90 minutes, unable to leave us :roll:.

Like you, I ate and drank far too much this weekend, including back in Jersey on Saturday night, not leaving the nightclub until 2AM :lol:.

Iceman 8)
Flyin'Dutch' liked this
By Lefty
Iceman wrote:
> Lefty wrote:
> > They had one new piece of procedure. A security guy had to accompany us on
> > the bus to our aircraft - then inspect / search the interior and then
> > observe us until we had started and taxied off parking.
>
> As we went out to the aircraft quite early (to get fuel and a possibly earlier
> getaway), and then we had a 45 minute slot delay from out actual later flight-planned
> departure time, our guy ended up being sat with us for about 90 minutes, unable to
> leave us :roll:.
>
> Like you, I ate and drank far too much this weekend, including back in Jersey on
> Saturday night, not leaving the nightclub until 2AM :lol:.
>
> Iceman 8)

You must be slipping, you usually refuel on arrival?
I had a “Direct To” clearance of 320nm - until Luxembourg Control gave us a stupid route amendment !
Iceman liked this
By Iceman
As we had a slot delay on departure from Jersey of 1.5 hours, I was keen to get to the terminal on arrival before the hire car people went home (as I have experienced before on an evening arrival). As it happens, on departure, the fuel man turned up very quickly, and with BP card in hand, it was done in no time at all. The ground frequency was in meltdown on the Saturday late afternoon as all of the aircraft on the Messe side started to depart. I have never heard a ground controller, in one breath, clear five aircraft by registration to cross a runway :shock:.

Iceman 8)
derekf, Pilot Pete liked this